Dennis Tueart - 50 Years A Blue

one of my childhood heroes (as you may guess from my name). couldn’t believe it in the 90’s when I was a stationery rep. i called on this company in Lymm and he answered the door. I ended up selling him his desk chair and getting his stationery orders for quite sometime. . Think it was an events company. I was a bit awestruck to be honest

Thanks for this, Vienna - I didn't know it was 50 years today. I was - and still am - a massive fan of that '70's team - mid to late '70's especially and Denis was a bit part of that alongside Asa, Dave Watson, Joe in goal, Kiddo and Royle up front and, a little later, Peter Barnes and Gary Owen - very entertaining team. I remember loads of times Denis getting the ball on the wing, either crossing the ball or cutting to have a go himself - he's one of those players that you'd pay the entrance fee just to see him...............great days and only one The League Cup but we were constantly challenging for the title in the later '70's.....................

Met him on a Junior Blues tour, I stayed behind to talk to him while the guided party went elsewhere.

In the days before mobiles I held the LC with him in the boardroom.

Gutted isn't the word when he left us, IIRC his last game was a third replay at the swamp v Luton also in the LC, which I watched from the Stretford End.
So did I and had a piss on the back wall.

Great picture of him at the Cosmos, not sure who the other dude is in the picture ;)

1710237254089.png

Dennis turned up at a Salford junior blues meeting up at langworthy road, remember him wearing a red and black hooped jumper, Dennis the menace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.