Depeche Mode

newtonheathdave

The band that could possibly lay claim to being Britains most influential band of the last 30 years seem to get a total lack of respect over here and I have always wondered why. v Got a new album out with some quality tunes on and heard hardly a peep of anyone in Manchester about it. They still fill huge stadiums all over the world and still produce fresh and relevent music yet they seem to hardly get the recognition they deserve over here. Anyone got any idea why?

Went to see them at Bournemouth as a 14 year old in 1984, was quite impressed.

But then 14 year olds are easily pleased.

I still think their music is pretty decent though.

johnny on the spot said:
They were always a girl's band.

Some great tunes, but the new album is dull.

I think that early 80's image has stuck with them in the UK. Musically though, once Vince Clarke left they moved on and left all that behind. They were pretty groundbreaking and always ahead of the game.
The new album takes a few listens. Soft touch/raw nerve and sooth my soul are classic DM

Bands like New Order got all the kudos but Depeche Mode were far better imo

newtonheathdave said:
johnny on the spot said:
They were always a girl's band.

Some great tunes, but the new album is dull.

I think that early 80's image has stuck with them in the UK. Musically though, once Vince Clarke left they moved on and left all that behind. They were pretty groundbreaking and always ahead of the game.
The new album takes a few listens. Soft touch/raw nerve and sooth my soul are classic DM

Bands like New Order got all the kudos but Depeche Mode were far better imo

Vince Clarke is amazing. Probably one of the best in the world at what he does. He's moved his technology on somewhat in that time too

Always been a fan, but Ive not seen them live and my missus absolutely loves dave ghan.
As hes been pretty ill, and this may be the last tour, I got us both tickets to see them at the O2 in May. Maximum brownie points, and a couple of nice days staying in Greenwich.
Cant wait.

Never been a fan of them, apart from a couple of songs. Over here though, they're massive. There's a Depeche Mode club night every month, and cars drive around with DM stickers on the back. Someone once told me it's cos the GDR politicians deemed them one of the few western bands suitable for the populace to listen to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.