Derby Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about Otamendi over Mangala but overall we look a lot more solid on paper, with a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. Their midfield is the only part of their team that worries me so that line-up seems to make some sense. A draw is good enough to take us back to the top so I'd take that with a couple of decent games to follow.

A different but solid looking line up. Pushing Yaya forward and bringing Fernando in is a conservative but correct decision and allows Yaya Toure to do his damage in advanced positions without being distracted by the space he leaves in behind and his capability to track back and cover up. Fernando has played well when given the opportunity and I am sure he and the rest of the team will be fired up for the derby. Kompany in, which is very important as the defense is still the deciding factor in our games and Kompany's experience and organizational abilities will be important in this game. Kompany also plays very well against them lot and his role today cannot be overemphasized. De Bryune and Sterling will also want to impress in their first Manchester derby.

Man Utd team on paper looks strong but their strength so far has been managing to find ways to win without being particularly impressive. It is going to be a close contest and we have to stay solid defensively so as not give away any cheap goals. Shame Silva could not make it, I was half expecting or hoping for the major suprise but it is good that he takes time to recover in the context of the season.

This is going to be a big game for Bony, he has to be sharp and efficient when chances fall to him. Navas perhaps does not deserve to be dropped but it is what it is and he will be involved sometime in the match. This is going to be a tough contest.Our players have to be organized, energetic,passionate and solid at the back. The goal will be to win this match. Fight, compete and get the win!!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.