Derby ticket thread.(all in here please)

It seems like the best way to sell tickets is The City exchange.
I will be putting my 2 on at about 7:30 so keep your eyes peeled.

csnewton said:
horizon said:
This forum REALLY needs to sort out what it means by "face value only" because there are too many of you who believe that means - " I'll pay what you paid for it."

ie that I want the deal you got, without needing to bother with any of the investment that you put in.

If my season card costs £1,000 and gives me access to 20 games (I am rounding up) then it is undoubtedly true that I am paying £50 per game, but those games might include United on a Saturday afternoon and Stoke on a Wednesday night, the idea that both are worth the same and that the season card holder should sell them for the same is clearly nonsense. The club grade games A B or C - for that purpose. So face value is :WHAT YOU WOULD PAY THE CLUB ON OPEN SALE.

To suggest, as three people have, that I should fork out £800, have to drag myself to a raft of miserable midweek matches, so that they can benefit from a below-face value price for the most sought after game of the season is taking the Mick.

I have an upper East Stand Ticket spare for the Derby - it will cost £54 which is what you would have to pay on open sale. If you can't afford it, fine, but don't accuse me of profiteering

I'll openly admit that i'm one of the people who has turned down the offer of £54, and thats not because I can't afford it. At the end of the day, you haven't paid the open sale price for this game. You have paid the same amount for all 19 home games whether its the derby or Stoke at home on a Wednesday, yet you are offering it for £54 rather than face value. Now im sure there are plenty of people willing to pay that price for the derby (you could sell it for a lot more outside of this forum so fair play) but at the end of the day you are making money on the ticket. I thought that the whole premice of this forum was for the lucky 'chancers' to get a face value season card price for a seat that would otherwise be empty. If that's not the case, then if one of the moderators can tell me otherwise then I would be grateful.

This is where you as a buyer instead of being a seller miss the point. If it were possible to get the £32 or whatever it is per game back for spares against the like of Stoke you'd have a valid point but the likes of yourself wait until the day before the game and then expect to pick tickets up for twenty odd quid. I'd the ticket go to some little scrote outside the ground who'd never get the chance to see a live game than to someone who plays the system like this and then turns their nose up at £54 for a top of the table derby.

DigDog said:
csnewton said:
horizon said:
This forum REALLY needs to sort out what it means by "face value only" because there are too many of you who believe that means - " I'll pay what you paid for it."

ie that I want the deal you got, without needing to bother with any of the investment that you put in.

If my season card costs £1,000 and gives me access to 20 games (I am rounding up) then it is undoubtedly true that I am paying £50 per game, but those games might include United on a Saturday afternoon and Stoke on a Wednesday night, the idea that both are worth the same and that the season card holder should sell them for the same is clearly nonsense. The club grade games A B or C - for that purpose. So face value is :WHAT YOU WOULD PAY THE CLUB ON OPEN SALE.

To suggest, as three people have, that I should fork out £800, have to drag myself to a raft of miserable midweek matches, so that they can benefit from a below-face value price for the most sought after game of the season is taking the Mick.

I have an upper East Stand Ticket spare for the Derby - it will cost £54 which is what you would have to pay on open sale. If you can't afford it, fine, but don't accuse me of profiteering

I'll openly admit that i'm one of the people who has turned down the offer of £54, and thats not because I can't afford it. At the end of the day, you haven't paid the open sale price for this game. You have paid the same amount for all 19 home games whether its the derby or Stoke at home on a Wednesday, yet you are offering it for £54 rather than face value. Now im sure there are plenty of people willing to pay that price for the derby (you could sell it for a lot more outside of this forum so fair play) but at the end of the day you are making money on the ticket. I thought that the whole premice of this forum was for the lucky 'chancers' to get a face value season card price for a seat that would otherwise be empty. If that's not the case, then if one of the moderators can tell me otherwise then I would be grateful.

This is where you as a buyer instead of being a seller miss the point. If it were possible to get the £32 or whatever it is per game back for spares against the like of Stoke you'd have a valid point but the likes of yourself wait until the day before the game and then expect to pick tickets up for twenty odd quid. I'd the ticket go to some little scrote outside the ground who'd never get the chance to see a live game than to someone who plays the system like this and then turns their nose up at £54 for a top of the table derby.

Ive never 'played the system' dig dog and ive certainly never paid 20 odd quid for a ticket for any game, it has always been face value! Im not complaining about the fact that £54 is a lot of money because thats a good price for this game...I was just under the impression that face value on this forum was the cost of a season ticket divided by 19. If its the value that people pay for tickets on general sale then so be it, I just wanted it to be clear as so many people talk about 'face value' on this forum.<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:54 pm --<br /><br />Ps. The only reason I turned down 54 quid was because I dont live in Manchester and Im going to have to spend a bit on petrol too.

csnewton said:
DigDog said:
csnewton said:

Ive never 'played the system' dig dog and ive certainly never paid 20 odd quid for a ticket for any game, it has always been face value! Im not complaining about the fact that £54 is a lot of money because thats a good price for this game...I was just under the impression that face value on this forum was the cost of a season ticket divided by 19. If its the value that people pay for tickets on general sale then so be it, I just wanted it to be clear as so many people talk about 'face value' on this forum.

The club categorise the games, and they know that they have X amount of category A, X amount of category B, etc, they add them all up and give a bit of discount, then price the season cards accordingly.
If, for instance we were in the chapionship, all games would be at a current cat C price and season tickets would come down in price. or if every game was cat. A then the prices would go up by the same calculation.
It is only if there are no category differences that a price of season ticket divided by 19 would be the way

I know it's a long shot but if anyone has 1 ticket going spare pm me please,ideally would like 2 but if anyone has just the one let me know, can meet outside stadium with cash for ticket

I dont want to build anybodys hopes up but i might have a spare U18 ticket, some lad put a claim on it but is not replying to my calls or texts and judging by his facebook updates i think his phone has been nicked going by all the frapes on his home page so if i dont hear from him by tomorrow morning then i have to let it go on here.

I have a spare OAP ticket - either you can upgrade it or take the chance. PM if you're interested.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.