DESPERATELY needing volunteers to man a bucket Arsenal game

law74 said:
Didsberry blue said:
You utter, utter clown. Not only is your opinion out of kilter with with the rest of humanity but you don't even know who plays for your team. Actually, thinking about it, your team plays in Stretford so go and comment on their board.

Having known Phil for over ten years i can ssure you that he aint no rag but a lifelong Blue (well for about 49 of his 50 odd years) having been born and raised in Gorton, he is also very good at organising things, hence his position as ticket secretary for the CSA and I and manyother Blues are very grateful to him for the amount of time and effort he puts in to supporting MCFC.If you want to go off on a rant about someone i would suggest you do a bit of research on the person beforehand, just because he (possibly when drunk :-))posted a wrong name.

davy thanks for the defence - but it was not me that he was having a go at mate - bit of a mix up here it was Greygo Diego who asked were we taking the p**s

Hi All

Just a quick note - to thank you all for the effort put into the collection on Sat - we dont know yet how much we collected a very rough estimate £3-4000 - will let you all know as soon as I do - the money is in the Post Office for counting and changing in something less heavy (ask Tony)

ALL THOSE WHO PUT MONEY INTO THE BUCKETS A BIG BIG THANKYOU

So if you carried a bucket - helped in the organising - ran around with T Shirts - stood next to a Police van for the duration - donated - sweat with the rest of us - work at the club and helped out THANK YOU without any one of you it would not have been the success we think it is

That was a good start - now can we get to £20,000

Phil

I am seriously impressed if we DID manage to get that much. I think we were all disheartened with the pre-match collecting though thanks to the team, everyone was in a good mood after and we got more in that post-match 15 minutes than the whole couple of hours before hand I think! Never knew what hard work bucket collecting is, when you have to be so careful not to do anything to put anyone under pressure to donate. Well done everyone, I enjoyed working alongside such a great bunch of people.

Count me in with whatever is the next chapter in this story,I don't have money, but I have willingness to help.

Thanks to everyone who took pity on us and donated to the cause on the day.

That is a fantastic amount .when we collected for the Carl Ramsbottom apeall we collected £1,800 . we were only allowed to collect on bottom tier & not allowed to collect on the forecourt .amazing how many people dont notice you though isnt it

cyberblue said:
That is a fantastic amount .when we collected for the Carl Ramsbottom apeall we collected £1,800 . we were only allowed to collect on bottom tier & not allowed to collect on the forecourt .amazing how many people dont notice you though isnt it

Yes - it's a soul destroying task - and watching people avoid you and avoid eye contact gets to you after a while. I'm pleased you managed to get that for Carl - it's no mean feat and another good cause.

BlueSpice said:
cyberblue said:

Yes - it's a soul destroying task - and watching people avoid you and avoid eye contact gets to you after a while. I'm pleased you managed to get that for Carl - it's no mean feat and another good cause.

cant help thinking just 50p from everyone at the match and we Sierra leone would be entirely self sufficient - with business and away travel / mini bus - its not easy - and some go out of their way to avoid you - BUT the fact remains that there are and always will be those that do and those that dont and City fans are no different - APART that is from those that did give and some very very generously - and those that gave in the same generous manner of time and effort - all in all I am very pleased - BUT we need to keep this campaign going and reach the goal - hopefully as quick as addy up the wing to an arsenal fan

not as much as we had hoped or estimated - last time I have a go at estimating anyway

£2,300 but a wee bit more to come in yet - so thanks again to all who gave or helped in any way at all

The next step is to set about raising the remainder to that end we will be having an auction of signed man city gear in the near future on the CSA site - it will be linked from both the MEN and the Official site and of course I will post details on here

We are working on a few angles at the moment and will let you know if they come off or not
hertsblue said:
Hope it went well for you today and you collected a nice sum

Best wishes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.