Detectorists

Five episodes in now. I'm enjoying it and the characters are very engaging, maybe it's just my sense of humour but I wouldn't really class it as a comedy? Started off hating that woman Andy is with, she reminds me of a hard nosed emotion-devoid pit of a woman I work with, but actually starting to think she's ok.

I do see the little jokes and a couple raise a smile, but it's not belly laugh stuff so far. Kind of feels like I'm missing out on the joke or looking through the binoculars the wrong way.

Friends keeps saying wait for the bit, you'll know the bit, it's hilarious, maybe it's been built up too much for us or maybe we're just an episode away from getting it.

I wouldn’t class it as a laugh out loud comedy either, it’s more gentle than that. There were a couple of bits that made me properly laugh and the characters, particularly by the third series, are so well written and developed that there’s a few really well done emotional hits.

I just found it more it’s a tv show and a world that you want to spend more time with, particularly after you’ve watched all of them!

I wouldn’t class it as a laugh out loud comedy either, it’s more gentle than that. There were a couple of bits that made me properly laugh and the characters, particularly by the third series, are so well written and developed that there’s a few really well done emotional hits.

I just found it more it’s a tv show and a world that you want to spend more time with, particularly after you’ve watched all of them!
Spot on, agree completely. I don't dislike it at all but I was expecting something else.

Watched the first series, and its absolutely brilliant, very subtle comedy and I did laugh out loud a couples of time.

Found myself really routing for Andy and Becks to stay together. Their relationship reminds me of mine and the wife's......and yes, she laughs at me all the time as well.

The open day and face painting :-)

I like Russell, he played the Postman in "After Life" I think.

Isn't one of the female Detectorists "Big Mandy" out of "This Country"

The open day and face painting :-)

I like Russell, he played the Postman in "After Life" I think.

Isn't one of the female Detectorists "Big Mandy" out of "This Country"
Joe Wilkinson is the postie in after life, though there are similarities

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.