Dev on Corrie

mammutly said:
mackenzie said:
I find it hard to believe that anyone actually watches the soaps these days.

They went awful about 15 years since.

And I have never got over Damon dying in Brookie. That did it for me, the bastids!!

I remember Barry Grant sorting out S Ss Ss Sizzler. I used to want to be like Barry, except he was scouse.

I've just spat my diet coke out all over my pc - thats hilarious. S SS SS Sizzler. What about the other one who was bad news , was it Tommy McCardle??!!!!

Saw Dev a while ago in that little bar on Liverpool Rd, Cask (?) And can tell you that the muppet isn't acting on Corrie....he really is that character....totally 'Look at me!' prat and a half.....

He was too absorbed in himself to realise most of the bar was laughing at him.

'Dev's' uncle recently was an even WORSE ''actor'' though......

Prestwich_Blue said:
LongsightM13 said:
The thing is, though, aphex, I don't think this guy is acting. I think he really is a cheesy prat just playing himself.
A good few years ago I used to know a lot of the Coronation Street cast (in the days of Ena Sharples, Elsie Tanner and Len Fairclough).

They fell into one of two camps - those that just played themselves and those that were totally different to their on screen persona. So people like Bill Roache (Ken Barlow), Peter Adamson (Len Fairclough) and Julie Goodyear (Bet Lynch) were no different on or off screen.

Violet Carson (who played sharp-tongued battleaxe Ena Sharples) was just the loveliest woman you could hope to meet and Jean Alexander (Hilda Ogden) was actually quite posh and refined when she took her curlers out.
What about the comedy genius that was Stan Ogden? He was a big blue on the show, what about real life?

Sorry to be an arse, but can someone please tell me where the "New thread" button is. :-)

I am relatively new on here, so maybe I'm blocked?

I have posted a heads-up thingy in Classic Threads. Maybe someone can repost it for me .

Cheers all.

LongsightM13 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
A good few years ago I used to know a lot of the Coronation Street cast (in the days of Ena Sharples, Elsie Tanner and Len Fairclough).

They fell into one of two camps - those that just played themselves and those that were totally different to their on screen persona. So people like Bill Roache (Ken Barlow), Peter Adamson (Len Fairclough) and Julie Goodyear (Bet Lynch) were no different on or off screen.

Violet Carson (who played sharp-tongued battleaxe Ena Sharples) was just the loveliest woman you could hope to meet and Jean Alexander (Hilda Ogden) was actually quite posh and refined when she took her curlers out.
What about the comedy genius that was Stan Ogden? He was a big blue on the show, what about real life?
I didn't really know him at the time so no real idea although I do know he wasn't a Manc (he was from Brighton I think) so more likely to have been a rag than a Blue.

Possibly one of the worse actors i have ever seen in my life, he's very close to edging it with Paddy from Emmerdale, he comes in my mums work alot to pick things up, and she said he comes in and walks about as to say 'look at me, do you know who i am'

i've seen him walking through Monton on a cold day wearing just a stupid Hawaiian shirt with shorts and a pair of sunglasses, he reminded me of that darts player Wayne Mardle,

he's a big head and a bit of a poser, he can't act though i know that!

'we have been married'

'really? i mean yes'..

quality dev. keep up the good work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.