Did City ever have any Southern Hooligans?

jus moochin said:
cibaman said:
Balti said:
Think it got more organised in the 80's and it seemed to be smaller firms actively looking for each other whereas in the 70's it seemed far more random and could be anything from a small scuffle to a full scale riot and anyone could end up involved whether they wanted it or not! Away games were an adventure in their own right in a time when accents marked you out far more than they do today. Got the time mate ;-)

City fans of my acquaintance back then mostly didn't actively seek it out but would not back down if it found them. There was just no avoiding it sometimes and if it came on top then you would fight to win just as you would in everyday life. There were certainly City fans in the south that fell into this bracket too, mostly (but not exclusively) re-located Mancs. But I don't recall any southern City 'firms' as such.

Were we all hooligans? Some would say so based on what we got up to sometimes. But that was just part and parcel of being a football fan at the time. The true hoolies were the ones that would go out of their way to Piccadilly/ New Street/ Euston/ wherever, for the sole purpose of looking for a fight with travelling fans of other teams. When you fought back did that make you the same as them? Not in my book.

I never had a problem with the idea of groups of hooligans meeting up to have a fight with other hooligans if that's what they wanted to do. I'm sure that happened on occassions, barneys between similar numbers of fans.

But 90% of the time it wasnt like that. It was all about the numbers. A large mob attacking a smaller group. Or people throwing bricks from a distance. And City fans didnt seem to be any different in that regard.

Totally agree with you about that, it was just bullying. The buzz was being in the small group and having a go at the large one.
I thought english fights between hooligans were all fair fights. I kind of like the fights between some group of fans as long as it stick to some rules. Nowadays I think only russian and polish people respect the fights. I remember when I was younger, we ve been (Rapid fans) away at Wisla Krakov. We were 8 boys from our group drinking some beers, quietly, when a 4x4 Wisla hooligan entered the bar and asked us: ultras or hooligan? Of course we said ultras.. He drank a beer with us, explain us that they only want to fight real hooligans and left. This is some mentality!

I seem to remember a group of Gents from the city of London. A rum group of back stabbers if ever there was one. Called themselves the Blazer Squad... ;-)

BlueSkyBlue said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
bluekeith said:
here are some city fans at the old firm game on sunday
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/english-football-lout-boasted-facebook-5100907" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scott ... ok-5100907</a>

He called a policeman a jock c*nt and that was considered racist ? what the hell. How is that racist,

I'm a 'jock' and I would say being called a 'jock' by an Englishman isn't racist towards me - that said, add the C word onto it an I might take offence - as I would if you called me any type of c u next Tuesday.

The word Jock is a 'nickname' for the name "John', and used to be used as a fond name for Scottish squaddies - Jock Stein was really called John, so was Jocky Wilson and Jock Wallace.

At best I think he should be done for being a prat of the highest order, as well as disorderly behaviour and possible drink related charges - and if insulting a police officer is still a crime throw that in to.

Some people do say it's a form of racism - but I see it more as a form a of regionalism as us 'jocks' are not a 'race'. After all calling someone a Brummie or a Scouser isn't considered racist, but does become offensive when you add the C or T words after it! :)

what about porridge gobbling c..unt................just askin not saying you are one

mancityvstoke said:
BlueSkyBlue said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
He called a policeman a jock c*nt and that was considered racist ? what the hell. How is that racist,

I'm a 'jock' and I would say being called a 'jock' by an Englishman isn't racist towards me - that said, add the C word onto it an I might take offence - as I would if you called me any type of c u next Tuesday.

The word Jock is a 'nickname' for the name "John', and used to be used as a fond name for Scottish squaddies - Jock Stein was really called John, so was Jocky Wilson and Jock Wallace.

At best I think he should be done for being a prat of the highest order, as well as disorderly behaviour and possible drink related charges - and if insulting a police officer is still a crime throw that in to.

Some people do say it's a form of racism - but I see it more as a form a of regionalism as us 'jocks' are not a 'race'. After all calling someone a Brummie or a Scouser isn't considered racist, but does become offensive when you add the C or T words after it! :)

what about porridge gobbling c..unt................just askin not saying you are one

Hmmm....I don't like porridge - and isn't 'gobbling' something of a sexual nature? Apart from that? Pretty accurate!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.