Did I see Trautmann wipe away a tear?

There's a real bond between us and Bert, and Bert and us. I'm guessing that after 3 days of being mobbed, swamped, adored, chatting to City fans, seeing lines of people queuing up to see him finally overwhelmed him.

Smooth shades too! :o)

It made me feel emotional and I'm only a teenager.
It must have made him so happy.
Touching sentiment by the club and all the fans.

A dignified, humble man was very clearly moved to tears by that ovation - and I think Cooky wasn't far behind!

Great stuff City and brilliant reaction by the fans.

Make me proud. I never seen him play but what a guy.
He was more than a footballer he helped bring change and I he deserved his reception.

scottyboi said:
Make me proud. I never seen him play but what a guy.
He was more than a footballer he helped bring change and I he deserved his reception.

Very true, and his memory will live on cause i know of quite a few germans that have become City fans because of reading of Berts heroics, and i know that some of them are members on here.

What a great reception from everyone in the ground. The Brum fans too, tbf.
I got a bit choked myself when I saw Bert wipe away the tears.
A great moment, in a great day.
Thank you Blues.

I've met quite a few people of that generation who have no affinity to City and not even a great interest in football, who say Bert Trautmann is their hero.

Says it all really.

I never saw him play, but i nearly shed a tear just watching him get that reception.

Very proud to be a blue

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.