Did I see Trautmann wipe away a tear?

Adam Donnelly said:
Is it true there doing a film about his life?

Would make a top film

Indeed. It's not just about his broken neck, but what happened before the war, during the war, how he came to City, how he became a hero at City, the FA Cup Final, the tragedy of losing his son, his recovery, leaving football and what he's done since, the OBE etc.

Fascinating story. If anyone has read a book about Bert, read it. You'll be amazed at what an interesting life he's had. Even the introduction of the new book (Trautmanns Journey) choked me.

There is a light said:
The reception he got was outstanding, it made me proud to be a Blue.

Yes he did and when i weatched it bacl on Sky had a few tearms in my eyes also - him and Bell my true City legends.

Got that book waiting to be read after an exam on tues. Queued for an hour and a half to have the man sign it then could think of anything to say except 'May I shake your hand'. I'm 25 and never saw him play, but dont think that'd happen with the current crop.

Thats I think the first time I have seen him live, and the thing that struck he is he looks in great shape. Having watch football for a little over 30years, when I started there seemed to be alot of smaller keepers that guy at Bolton springs to mind, forget his name, even today Given isn't the biggest, but Trautmann looks like a modern keeper he is huge.

Amazing reception and definetly deserved. He was a bit before my time so I never really saw much of his matches but I have seen clips and I have the 1956 FA Cup Final on video and he really is amazing and is one of the players that absolutely deserves to be called a legend.

Can't help it but when I see Trautmann it reminds me of my Great Uncle Harry.

Like peas in a pod.

Both great looking blokes.

My Gran loved Trautmann. Probably the only player she had a real affection for. I think it was because of the War and she saw someone who fought adversity and prejudice, as she always liked people who did that.

Seen a few old videos that the family have and my god.. what a keeper!
Great to see him today.. true legend!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.