Did Mancini hold us back?

Neutrals I talk to can't understand why we have underperformed in Europe in general and this year in the league (parts of last year as well). They don't think it's the squad, as we have quality in nearly every position. By default, that leaves Mancini as a prime suspect, though impossible to prove on what little information is publicly available.

Champions2012! said:
This is certainly what the neutrals are saying. They are actually scared of the thought of City having a competent manager like Pellegrini.

If you read half of the other stuff here, Mancini was vain, arrogant, rude, hated by everyone.

Oh and he eats babies as well.

Took a side from 6th place to 1st in 30 months, was undoubtedly good for us.

Not too bothered what neutrals think, three and a half years ago they were the ones saying we could never win a title with mercenaries, most of our players actually wanted to go to the rags and our spending was immoral.

In the long run it doesn't matter anyway. His time has been and gone, and it serves no purpose talking down his achievements at the club (although I suspect that is what will happen over the next couple of months).

I think he'd taken us as far as he could, which is quite a long bloody way from where we were I might add! It's a hard job, no matter what some people may say about the money etc. Probably a harder job than moyes had, just constantly treading water at Everton.

I was hopeful of a successful 13/14 season with Mancini in charge, but the way things have deteriorated in the last few weeks, and seemingly before that, makes me agree with the change.

Truly grateful for everything Mancini helped us achieve though.

Without doubt.
Now the leashes are off, the flowers are permitted to bloom.

We will be better next season.

nevilletogoater-in said:
The rags are shitting it at the moment. All of them wanted Mancini to stay.

Put it this way, who are the most worried: Rags at getting Moyes or Blues at losing Mancini?

Not a difficult one is it!

weve had our best few years for a long long time under mancini and its now came to an abrupt end ,this season has been difficult and although we have only lost 5 games ,the inability to see off teams has been ours and the managers downfall ,lets hope the next manager can motivate this group of players ,because the talent is obviously there ,but a certain spark isnt ,if someone can ignite that spark then we can move on to more glory ,klopps the man i would like to see in charge at city ,if we can prise him away from dortmond

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.