Did Mancini hold us back?

All in all it looks to me like Mancini must have worked a bloody miracle in winning the Community Shield, keeping us top or 2nd all season, and getting us to a 2nd cup final, what with his abject lack of tactical nous, all those disaffected players, aggrieved backroom staff, angry board members, upset kit men, abused car park attendants and all!! It's truly hard to believe he was worth a 5-year contract this time last year. You know its because of him that your expectations are so high? A victim of his own success so to speak. (Hardly a victim with that pay off I agree!)
But Premier League football is a fickle, hard business which is now further removed from the working man more than ever before by corporate businesses, stock exchange valuations and so on. We have now also gone from the annual summer player merry-go-round to the annual manager & player merry-go-round.
As they say - the proof of the pudding is in the eating and only at this time next year will we truly know whether the decision to dismiss Mancini was a good one.
But once again I say thanks for the memories Roberto and I wish you all the best with your future career!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.