Did Pantz do enough to warrant a final appearance (merged)

Re: Did Pantz do enough to warrant a final appearance

de niro said:
Ladybarn Blue . said:
Sentiment should not come into it , play your strongest team .

Absolutely. Don't get me wrong pants did OK and I think hell be OK playing Wigan, I respect them but they don't have a Mata or a hazard that can really hurt you. Its the logic that I'm bothered about, you play your best team. End of.

That's the normal logic, yes, but it's not "end of" because clubs often ignore it in domestic cup competitions. Having gone so far with Panti it would damage his motivation to drop him at this stage. It's not as if he is seriously weakening the side and so RM is taking the bigger picture into account.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
karen7 said:
the reward for pants to stay at the club is the cup competitions otherwise all he would is train but not play,if we are going to have a decent back up keeper then you have to give them the cups.He is a good keeper so we are not in the hands of a rubbish one,it does make me a little uneasy but joe has a mistake in him these days anyway

Pants got away with a huge mistake on Sunday and if Hazard had hit it better we may be talking about something else. All keepers have mistakes in him just because Pants could of slept all the way up until the Barnsley game doesnt suddenly make him one of the top 20 goalies in the world. If he is as good as everyone keeps telling me he is he will be gone in the summer anyway

Pants made a couple of good saves against Watford. Joe is the no. 1 for the league and Joe's inconsistency this season helps to justify the need for a good back up keeper who is kept sharp from playing in the domestic cup games.

All credit to Joe for congratulating Pants on his performance at the final whistle.

I admire Mancini for this (not that I 'm a knocker anyway). It shows the human side that he's often criticised for lacking.

Brave too. If it backfires he knows he will get pilloried by the "told you so" Blue brigade and by those in the press who sit on the fence until there's a story.

Tim of the Oak said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
karen7 said:
the reward for pants to stay at the club is the cup competitions otherwise all he would is train but not play,if we are going to have a decent back up keeper then you have to give them the cups.He is a good keeper so we are not in the hands of a rubbish one,it does make me a little uneasy but joe has a mistake in him these days anyway

Pants got away with a huge mistake on Sunday and if Hazard had hit it better we may be talking about something else. All keepers have mistakes in him just because Pants could of slept all the way up until the Barnsley game doesnt suddenly make him one of the top 20 goalies in the world. If he is as good as everyone keeps telling me he is he will be gone in the summer anyway

Pants made a couple of good saves against Watford. Joe is the no. 1 for the league and Joe's inconsistency this season helps to justify the need for a good back up keeper who is kept sharp from playing in the domestic cup games.

All credit to Joe for congratulating Pants on his performance at the final whistle.
Yeah I saw that gave him a massive hug. I dont think keepers have the same animosity as other players

If the reserve keeper doesn't play some games against top opposition, how do you know how he and the team will perform if called in mid-game against a really good side? Defence and keeper have to know one another. The domestic cups are an excellent way to do that.

People describing it as 'sentiment' are wrong.

He is a fully fledged member of the squad &, other than Sinclair, he is the bloke who gets the least opportunity to actually play football.

If he has any ambition in life, he didn't grow up wanting to sit watching Joe Hart, he grew up wanting to play in the FA Cup final etc. If we give him the chance to do that, it may mean he stays at the club next season & if Joe turns his ankle over etc we can call on a No 2 keeper with genuine experience & hunger to succeed, rather than some washed out geezer just at the club to earn a few quid, or some nervous kid who isn't top class. Similarly, if his arse had gone when called upon, we would know he needed shipping out.

It's not about sentiment, it's about doing what's best for the club.

MCFC BOB said:
Pros
Confident and competent in the air
Decent shot stopper
Not afraid to use his feet

Cons
Can't kick
Slow diver
Doesn't instill confidence

hart cant kick and the reason he dosent instill confidence is cuz he hasent been playing much but hes a top goalkeeper imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.