Did that whole 100 points thing mean more to you than you thought it would?

From a personal point of view I’m slightly disappointed I wasn’t there. It’s a source of some pride that I’ve always been present for all the big games over the last 35 years. I had a shit load of work on that weekend, but that’s never stopped me in the past. Wish I’d made more effort, but there you are. Didn’t stop me going completely nuts when we scored.

In wider terms it’s an incredible feat. I’m always wary about using terms like ‘never’ and ‘always’ but it is an achievement that will take some beating. I don’t expect to see it bettered in my lifetime.

The perfect end to a truly incredible season and underlines what an amazing group of players we have.

What a time to be a City fan.

There will be kids kicking balls against walls in slums, favelas, barrios, townships, you name it, all around the world right now who will learn about the football we’re playing and the achievements of the centurions.. and they’ll dream of playing for us one day.. and they’ll start supporting City.. that’s how important it will turn out to be in the long run.. as important as Aguero’s 93.20!
Spot on. It's impossible to overstate the magnitude of that goal in terms of spreading the City gospel around the world. It's a marketing man's wet dream and I bet Amazon can't believe their luck.

This story will appeal to audiences everywhere and to fans of all sports; being the first ever English side to reach 100pts really was that important, and to do it in the manner we did was breathtaking.

You can be sure it will be absolutely central to the "storyline" of that Amazon series. They needed some form of tension and this provides it by the bucket load. Imagine not knowing what happens and then seeing that ending!!! A whole new generation of people will become City fans on the back of that moment.

Yes because even after this incredible season I was standing there feeling a little bit disappointed as it didn't look like we were going to make the magic 100......very fitting that Jesus popped up with that late goal !!

the beauty is we hit 100 on the button. It is a landmark total that can be a banner for the greatest ever premier league season. "Centurions"!
So yes it was important and fitting end to an all time season.

Glad we hit the 100-mark; kudo's to Pep for playing weakened sides and still hitting the century total.

The way the team motivated themselves to push for this total when being crowned champions with 5 games to go is simply incredible! Bodes so well for going again next season too!

Like a lot of others it mattered more as the game went on and it looked like it was not going to happen.

My shins are still sore from the battering they took as we jumped around in the seats at soton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.