did this happen?

njmcfc1894

born longsight,live blackley,s/ticket block 118
i think this was either my 1st game or one of my first, around august 1985,city beat spurs 2-1 at home , am i right in remembering city and spurs both coming out in sky blue then city going to change into black and red stripes,before anyone says it its not the paul lake/gazza game where we changed into maroon.

19338.jpg

Yes you are right

Programme is for 2 weeks after the game

My 1st season ticket that year. Simo scored the winner with a volley at the back post in front of the north stand

yes i remember it , i started going that season remember the sun shining and the ref making us change into our away kits think we did win 2-1, ironically same thing happened 5 or 6 years later v Spurs again we won 2-1 in that one too

dont know whats worse, wearing black and red in front of the Kippax or seeing Sammy Mcllroy wearing it.

Think I need a lie down

pominoz said:
Begs the question,why?

Did they not know we played in blue?.
I was at that game and in fairness to the ref, that season you might remember we played in the most pale blue we have ever done and with the sun that day it washed it out totally, you really couldn't tell it wasn't white.

As I recalled Spurs away strip at the time was a very pale yellow, so I'm sure the ref to save the same issues had us put our dark strip on. People might also recall some ten years later playing a game against them where we BOTH wore our away strips!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.