Did tomorrow just become a must win

mcfc_nick said:
OK, a win is essential for us tomorow, but its not a must win game as its our 8th game of the year and our season isnt over if we get beat tomorow

But that's what people will say.

mcnil said:
With todays results leaving us in 5th place with two games in hand of the top three, i really think we need to win tomorrow to keep the frightners on them. I know our record at wigan is terrible, but this season its such a different story. We need to go in there and show no mercy, and prove their win over chelsea was just a one of result. Liverpool have lost the plot , spuds got lucky today , and the rags could have thrown 2 points away deep into fergie time. We have to continue the good work and show the whole league we mean business.

So up for this game COME ON CITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. Must win after today's results...

I can't wait to play Liverpool...I thought they were shocking today. Did not create a single clear cut chance....and Sunderland could've scored a hat full...

i agree, every game is a must win these days. especially with liverpool and chelsea continuously fuckin up. we need to beat all the wigans, boltons, stokes etc.

Think we're in a great position at the moment, it's in our hands, if we get beat it won't be the end of the world, but I can also see the other teams taking points off each other, it's all to play for.........

Its going to be an interesting season!!!!!

BillyShears said:
mcnil said:
With todays results leaving us in 5th place with two games in hand of the top three, i really think we need to win tomorrow to keep the frightners on them. I know our record at wigan is terrible, but this season its such a different story. We need to go in there and show no mercy, and prove their win over chelsea was just a one of result. Liverpool have lost the plot , spuds got lucky today , and the rags could have thrown 2 points away deep into fergie time. We have to continue the good work and show the whole league we mean business.

So up for this game COME ON CITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. Must win after today's results...

I can't wait to play Liverpool...I thought they were shocking today. Did not create a single clear cut chance....and Sunderland could've scored a hat full...

Be careful what you wish for. By the time we play them, Gerrard and Torres will be fit and firing.

Must win? No

Over the course of a season all teams have highs and lows of form. The trick is to keep the form periods going as long as possible and cut out the low points as soon as possible

The desire to qualify for the champions league (or better) should be the only motivating force for the team and any thoughts of how other teams are doing should be put out of their minds

mcfc_nick said:
OK, a win is essential for us tomorow, but its not a must win game as its our 8th game of the year and our season isnt over if we get beat tomorow

Okay its not a REAL MUST WIN, but if we really want to a top team, every game is a must win.

If you look at league table there are at least six possibly seven with Sunderland up there at moment, apart from us who will be
looking to get into top 4 this season. As well as ourthelves Spurs have started really well, Villa are still there from last year in
addition to the usual suspects.

All these team expect to win their games, so we must to.

Liverpool L4 Arsenal L2 Chelsea L2 Spurs L2 City L1

Each week the opportunity to steal a place in the top 4 becomes greater in my eyes. Everyone else at the top can be beaten and Chelseas defeat by Villa puts our draw there in perspective as a very good result.

Saying that we MUST win games like tomorrow if we are to take advantage of the Sky 4's dodgy form.

We're odds on to win at 4/5 with William Hill but we've never won at the DW Stadium - for that reason alone it's a must win - we need to break the winless streak.

mcnil said:

we just HAVE to win tomorrow. must not lose pace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.