Did We/Mancini/The Players Underestimate Pompey?

Shite game, 3points, on the sniff of the top 4 spot, go home and have yer' sunday dinners with a win intact, do for me anyway. Even Bobby said he did'nt enjoy the game so at least thats a positive. 3 points, end of.

O i, i won £150, cheers Shay.

We were poor, its just lucky Ireland was playing, his body strength prevented us from going 1-0 down, and he contributed the first goal. I know people are saying "the team had a hangover and all that" but to me, thats a feeble excuse. The best teams always bounce back well from disappointment and adversity, and we hardly bounced back, crawled back would be more accurate. Its lucky it was Portsmouth at home. I don't think anyone underestimated Portsmouth, it was just a case of a poor team performance.

No games are easy in the Premiership especially when you've just lost a Carling Cup semi-final to your biggest rivals. Despite all the mediocrity today we scored 2 tremendous goals, took the 3 points that keep us in the hunt for a top 4 place and and we go to Hull on a high.

No we didn't underestimate them. Pompey were very poor. We had a hangover from Weds, and that was to be expected.

Unknown_Genius said:
The best teams always bounce back well from disappointment and adversity, and we hardly bounced back, crawled back would be more accurate. Its lucky it was Portsmouth at home.

We were scheduled to play Portsmouth at home - can't do anything about that.

We won 2-0. Shouldn't ask for more than that.

Not sure what is wrong with us. Always moaning. Fans performance was worse than the team's today, but I forgive us because we were all a bit flat after Wednesday, not just the players.

Player's did their job professionally, fans did fuck all and most left five minutes before the end.

SalfordCityBlue said:
Unknown_Genius said:
The best teams always bounce back well from disappointment and adversity, and we hardly bounced back, crawled back would be more accurate. Its lucky it was Portsmouth at home.

We were scheduled to play Portsmouth at home - can't do anything about that.

We won 2-0. Shouldn't ask for more than that.

Not sure what is wrong with us. Always moaning. Fans performance was worse than the team's today, but I forgive us because we were all a bit flat after Wednesday, not just the players.

Player's did their job professionally, fans did fuck all and most left five minutes before the end.

I left 5mins as i had to be back in Sintellins to buy my little'n' some school shoes before the shop shut, i would have got them this morning but she only showed me her ripped shoe whilst walking from the car to COMS, is this a good enough excuse?

we were in 3rd gear all game , never really looked up for it! But chelsea looked shit against burnley yesterday and still won!

If we can play that bad, and win, i am happy enough.

It's dangerous playing against teams who are in a relegation scrap.

They are desperate to win, they have nothing to lose, we have everything to gain. In some ways, the pressure was on us today to show we are serious. People expect us to win games like this now home and away and we should with the team we have.

I always said today keeping a clean sheet was much more important than drubbing them 6-1 or something. After at least 4 (maybe even 5) games where we haven't kept one we need to start defending again and making sure we win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.