Did We/Mancini/The Players Underestimate Pompey?

tommytheblue said:
we were in 3rd gear all game , never really looked up for it! But chelsea looked shit against burnley yesterday and still won!

If we can play that bad, and win, i am happy enough.

I am so pleased that there are some realists on here!

buzzer1 said:
I left 5mins as i had to be back in Sintellins to buy my little'n' some school shoes before the shop shut, i would have got them this morning but she only showed me her ripped shoe whilst walking from the car to COMS, is this a good enough excuse?

Shoe shop must've been packed if all 15,000 who left were on their way there!

SalfordCityBlue said:
buzzer1 said:
I left 5mins as i had to be back in Sintellins to buy my little'n' some school shoes before the shop shut, i would have got them this morning but she only showed me her ripped shoe whilst walking from the car to COMS, is this a good enough excuse?

No mate, just me i'm afraid.

SalfordCityBlue said:
buzzer1 said:

Ba-boom tsh!

As always, some blues assumed we'd win 25-0, so yes a number of our supporters did. This is the Premier League, and while Portsmouth are without doubt pretty shite, I don't for one minute think that Mancini did, in fact I'd go so far as to say he put out a team that did a thoroughly professional performance, hardly breaking sweat, winning, keeping a clean sheet. He warned before the game that this was a dangerous game, as it happens it proved otherwise, but his caution was correct.

If you look at Premier League winners (which we are not yet), they do exactly what we did today, not one of them just turns up and scores 10 every week (or even every other week). On the very odd occasion when everything clicks, they might, and so might we one day.

Well done City, comfortable win, something we weren't doing earlier this season.

So far under Mancini we have beaten every team that we 'should' beat, and kept clean sheets in virtually all of them, its all very un-City like, good isn't it. The 2 we've lost are games you might expect to lose, rags and everton (in decent form now) away.

a good result a crap game it might have been expected after wednesday but i still expected a little more.tevez still looks in the form of his life if only ade could work half as hard he would be a force up front. they should draw a line under this week and start fresh for next week and really get themselves up for the next match and push on for that champions league spot its in our hands if we really want it lets get behind them and give them our full support and see where that takes us.

Sounds like the OP and plenty of other fans might have underestimated Pompey but I don't think the manager did. He kept to his cautious team and approach and by and large it meant they didn't threaten to score too often and once we were ahead it was routine even if totally boring rubbish from an attacking point of view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.