Did we really get it wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im confused about this. Are people saying he didn't know because he put rodwell on for Dzeko?

Because that was the right sub to make in my opinion.

We, some fucking how, were beating them in midfield and thats where our goals/threat where coming from.

Putting another striker on for silva who was amazing kinda ruined that (on a side note Dzeko looked good as a focal point of attack, not so much with two strikers). And we started to loose that battle, so Dzeko off and Rodwell on to restore that balance in midfield was the correct move to maximise chances.

It was something else wasn't it?

In fact screw this thread, i apologize in advance for swearing but some of you are unbelievable.

To those who want to smile and be happy, good for you, i feel a tad sorry for the others.

If Aguero came on, got injured, and we won/drew/lost how would anyone feel? It is irrelevant. We set out to win the game and we did, winning the group means an easier game in the next round but we have beaten Bayern Munich, in Munich which has announced us on the European stage once and for all. This season we have won every single European away game and 5/6 overall. We came second by one goal to the European Champions and I am not too fussed whether we play a decent team now or later. It is playing the big teams that this competition is all about. If the management made a mistake so be it, but I don't think we would have got that next goal anyway.

TCIB said:
Panthera Tigris said:
TCIB said:
I understand your view very well and i simply think it is shit.
Anyone in the cl now can beat anyone else on their day.

Your gonna face them sooner or later so why not sooner ?
Or do you want to snake around like a coward hoping for easy draws all the way through then nick it at the end.
Grow a pair man and buck up.

That is not an intelligent way of thinking. I'll leave it at that.

I won't, say what you fucking mean pal, don't be shy.

You have a differing opinion only, don't try this smart arse comments shit, speak up of fuck off.

Do the maths. We would be clearly better off winning the group as opposed to coming second. Cliched, random rubbish like 'anyone can now beat anyone on their day' counts for nothing next to the power of probability.

I'm happy we won and have qualified. It's shambolic though that the staff and players didn't all know very clearly that 2-4 meant a group win.

MC ID said:
Im confused about this. Are people saying he didn't know because he put rodwell on for Dzeko?

Because that was the right sub to make in my opinion.

I get the impression some people are desperate to cling on to the "typical City" tag and therefore see this as an opportunity to do just that. The truth is that whether the players knew another goal would see them top or not, the game was finely balanced for much of the last 20/30 minutes. If we'd decided to throw more caution to the wind, even a little more, it's also just as likely we'd have conceded another.

Plus the change of Negredo/Silva was bang on IMO. I absolutely didn't want to see Kun running around in Bayern for half an hour with Arsenal to play Saturday lunchtime.

There's something very perverse about the way people have reacted to last night. Certainly some of them anyway. It's like the Sky pundits who obviously didn't now how to react so decided to focus on the goal we could've scored and Pellegrini's post match comments rather than focusing on the fact we'd just won in Bayern.

This was one funny game, in the first 20 minutes we were ripped apart, by a fast moving team, but did they come off the gas or did we improve that much, to me our play was not all that good, yes we put some good moves together and got back into the game at 2-1, and i could not make out if we got the better of them or they shut off altogether in the second half, i have seen us play a lot better than this and win and also lose, but tonight the game from both sides point of view was not all that convincing, we won and that is all that matters, but it was a funny game.

If some people are so fearful of other teams then wouldn't the hope of getting ANOTHER top side in next round be intelligent thinking? If some think City would be knocked out in that scenario surely better earlier than later to avoid the fixture buildup? Personally I couldn't care less who it is in the next round. Someone of Barcelona, Madrid, Munich level will almost certainly have to be dispatched in the midst of a Champions league winning run. People can't just "aim" to win the CL one particular year (unlike the EPL) it should be lets do it sometime in the next decade. Other than freak occurrences like Spain its impossible to dominate cup competitions year in and year out.

Panthera Tigris said:
TCIB said:
Panthera Tigris said:
That is not an intelligent way of thinking. I'll leave it at that.

You have a differing opinion only, don't try this smart arse comments shit, speak up of fuck off.

Do the maths. We would be clearly better off winning the group as opposed to coming second. Cliched, random rubbish like 'anyone can now beat anyone on their day' counts for nothing next to the power of probability.

I'm happy we won and have qualified. It's shambolic though that the staff and players didn't all know very clearly that 2-4 meant a group win.

You seem to be focusing on the negative a lot here so you can see why i may be reticent to take that as a truth.
Probability is a theory for a reason and the bottom line is you want an "easy" tie when the facts are we could easily lose to any of these teams as much as we could beat them.
Last night was a prime example of this.
Your logic is flawed.

holeinone said:
This was one funny game, in the first 20 minutes we were ripped apart, by a fast moving team, but did they come off the gas or did we improve that much, to me our play was not all that good, yes we put some good moves together and got back into the game at 2-1, and i could not make out if we got the better of them or they shut off altogether in the second half, i have seen us play a lot better than this and win and also lose, but tonight the game from both sides point of view was not all that convincing, we won and that is all that matters, but it was a funny game.

We can score a goal within seconds, we've been doing it all season. Once we got that first goal, our confidence went up and we start playing with more belief. Swansea and Tottenham enjoyed much possession as-well, but got raped in the end.

The only thing we were missing in the first leg was belief and confidence, and that was the case in the first 20 minutes of the second leg.

Trust me, Bayern tried to win, they couldn't do it. No team wants to lose in front of their fans.

TCIB said:
Panthera Tigris said:
TCIB said:

You seem to be focusing on the negative a lot here so you can see why i may be reticent to take that as a truth.
Probability is a theory for a reason and the bottom line is you want an "easy" tie when the facts are we could easily lose to any of these teams as much as we could beat them.
Last night was a prime example of this.
Your logic is flawed.

sorry, but it's not. This isn't randomness.

I'm not being negative, just want the highest possible standards for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.