did we ruin samaras or was he plain sh*te

I always remember a woman in the crowd screaming at the top of her voice "Oh come on Samaras you big clumsy oaf" - as he lost out on a 50/50 ball - summed him up really - slow and awkward - lol

I don't think was every gonna be great but he was treated pretty poorly by Pearce.

I mean you sign a 20/21 year old 'rough diamond' for what, £6M? You bring to him to toughest league in the world and play him in every position other than where he actually wants to play. There was time when Samaras was our best player believe it or not. It didn't last long but it was there.

I blame Pearce, who just didn't know how to polish his 'rough diamond'.

he was pure shite..

watched him in his first game..... after 15 minutes i realised he was crap... no control..

end of

move on

we`re loaded so who cares if they dont come off

A bit of both.

It does take time to adapt to the pace and agression of the English game, he was often played out of position on the left, or upfront on his own where he never got a chance. Bianchi, Jo and Corradi were similar in that we never played to their strengths. Holding up play, with his back to goal 40yards out was NOT their game so no wonder he didn't score. Samaras did look skillful/classy on occasions but needed far too much time on the ball and was either wasteful or lost posession.

OK, Corradi wasn't that great scored for us twice in one game (can't remember when but he knighted Joey with the corner flag) and both those goals came from crosses from the touchline, something we simply never did!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.