Did you ever think it would be this good?

No
It was a bit like this when Joe Mercer was manager, we were better than the rags but I never expected what we have now. Pep has made a massive difference. His contribution cannot be over emphasized.
All our world class players and not one of them moaning or misbehaving. A very happy dressing room, even the guys who don't play regularly don't moan.
Pep hasn’t made a difference, he IS the difference.

What you are witnessing is Guardiola’s brain on a football pitch.

The players are making a big difference but the man in charge is the difference.

In answer to the OP, this is the best any of us will ever have it, so drink it in, you won’t see anything like this ever again, when Pep has gone!

On the 1st September 2008 we all dreamed big, but did you ever in your wildest dreams believe we would see what we have in the last few seasons?
It's frikin ridiculous to think how far we have come from exactly 14 years ago today!
Not me. And i refuse to accept it will get any better than what we have now. I am too busy enjoying what we've got.

My life has gone full circle with city, born when we were league champions, years and decades of gallows humour, then 2012 rounded it all off, that was enough tbh. Since then my club has become the biggest in the world and I still can't quite believe it.

And all of our songs have become true!

We're not really here.
When city win and utd lose.
Best team in the land and all the world

Pep hasn’t made a difference, he IS the difference.

What you are witnessing is Guardiola’s brain on a football pitch.

The players are making a big difference but the man in charge is the difference.

In answer to the OP, this is the best any of us will ever have it, so drink it in, you won’t see anything like this ever again, when Pep has gone!
Absolutely!

after a little bit of Thaksin and right before the sale, i just assumed we'd get a couple of cup pots then we'd drift back to being mid-table, if i'm being totally honest.

Nope. I am quite an optimistic person but eventually typical City ground me down. Optimism for fa and league cup quarter finals at home to spurs and away to Palace ended in big defeats, a rare final v spurs and so on. Optimism under KK knocked out of us by the reality of mills and mcmanaman. Even now there’s a huge part of me that can’t believe the football and trophies I am seeing. To be honest after the Sergio moment in 2012 everything since has just been a fucking huge bonus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.