Did You Go Halifax Away In the FA Cup in 1980?

I seem to recall a snack bar getting pillaged at Barnsley, probably the one you're on about. Barnsley fans were always up for a ruck back then.

Might have been the same game where the special was delayed because of horses on the line. Got there about 3.15 I think.

Something is telling me that the away team could have an allocation of up to 25% at cup ties in those days. Based on that there would have been around 3,000 blues but I my memory might be playing tricks with the percen

I didn't, thankfully.

I went to Halifax and the Shrewsbury game the year after. I think we got around 3000 for each game, although I do remember quite a number of blues getting marched round the pitch to our end just before the game started.
Horrible days especially Halifax

No i was 10, but felt the room close in as my dad who was a wanker villa wanna be cos he was born in Winston Green birmingham.
And my Bury supporting Grandad was a fuckin dipper lover cos he only had 3 channels on the box, makes me puke.
Give him his dues my grandads mate off Darn Hill was a massive blue who took us against Villa about 82/3 and we won

Went to both . The 0-2 defeat at Shrewsbury and the 0-1 defeat at Halifax . Had some terrible away days back then . Others that stand out for me are the 0-1 at Leeds in the FA cup 5th round in 77 and the opening day 0-2 defeat at Southampton when Keegan made his debut .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.