Diego Carlos

I rewatched it and 2 things stand out.

1) Carlos is pretty fucking quick, he almost keeps up with Traore. That might be why he dived in, pacey players quite often panic when they get outpaced because it happens so rarely. Walker has done this before.

2) I don't think it's a terrible penalty to give away, it was either make the challenge or Traore was shooting 1v1 from 8 yards out on a good angle.

This is what I thought on initial viewing. Especially the second point.

Really like the look of Kounde though.

1) Carlos is pretty fucking quick, he almost keeps up with Traore. That might be why he dived in, pacey players quite often panic when they get outpaced because it happens so rarely. Walker has done this before.

2) I don't think it's a terrible penalty to give away, it was either make the challenge or Traore was shooting 1v1 from 8 yards out on a good angle.

It was like Otamendi had found Stones' stash.

He came within an inch of the ball. If you watch the alternate angles on the replay you can see it's *really* close to being a perfect tackle.

The more I watch it, the less I think it's a terrible mistake.

Well if he was playing the odds, it was a daft decision. It would have been a shot off balance with a defender coming over and the keeper coming out.

Yes he got lucky that Jimenez missed but it was a dreadful decision jumping in like that. Anyone of our centre halves would have been lambasted for a tackle like that.

He underestimated Traore and nearly cost his team with it. Certainly quicker than Otamendi but he should have realised that he lost that battle and attempted that tackle/foul a lot earlier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.