Diego Carlos

Didn’t watch the game but the few reports I have read seem to be that he had an average game. His aerial stats last night weren’t great considering this is meant to be one of his strengths. His cb partner Kounde received a few rave reviews about his performance though and his stats from the game were really impressive. I know you can’t judge players off one game but for those who watched the game last night does Kounde look a better fit for us than Carlos?

He too looks like the part but is he gettable ? Real Madrid seems to be after him as a Ramos replacement and he was signed just a year back for 25 million which is good money spend by Seville standards for a 20 year old. Will they sell him and at what price ?

Everything has already been said about his pace, power and passing and he would certainly be an interesting option.

He and Kounde managed Jimenez really well and looked very confident.

In comparison to Koulibaly he looks more athletic and agile and technically his passing and control more crisp. However, he's not as imposing or as good in the air from what I can see.

What I've learned from these champions/europa league games is that if we are expecting perfection it isn't going to arrive but if we want solid improvement then either will improve us. It also smacks that we as a collective need to be more receptive to the odd mistake. They ALL make them VVD included.

Agree completely with that. Since i started watching and understanding footy since mid 90's, top defenders now are almost like different players altogether from back then. Different art.

Id like to have seen Keith Curle get a bash in our team!

I had the unfortunate misfortune to meet Curle a few times - an utter **** who along with a few others was completely destructive in the dressing room. As an aside I met one of the women who does the washing at City a few years ago and she’d worked at City for donkeys years... I asked her who her favourite player was - she said Brian Kidd. I asked her who she disliked... without hesitation she said Mick McCarthy and Keith Curle... she shared a few reasons why and they were pure arrogance. Curle could play and he had pace but he wasn’t a positive influence on the team and I doubt he’d reign long with Pep.

The other Sevilla CB was a lot more impressive than Carlos last night. He doesn't look like a player that will solve things. He also played LCB which we don't need, it's RCB we are looking for. Ake and Laporte would both prefer to play LCB.

The other Sevilla CB was a lot more impressive than Carlos last night. He doesn't look like a player that will solve things. He also played LCB which we don't need, it's RCB we are looking for. Ake and Laporte would both prefer to play LCB.
So does Koulibaly, as they are both right footed, wouldn't be a problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.