Diego Carlos

Not sure if he will improve our starting 11

But if his aarrival will prevent Kalido ,then welcome

Can't believe I'm saying this after he gave the pen away but I came away from that thinking he's probably what we need. Fast, strong, dominant in the air, calm on the ball and a good passer. Maybe a little rash but you can't have it all.
Not seen tonight's game, but pace, strong, good distribution and dominant in the air, all key qualities for the cb we are looking for. Are Sevilla open to selling him?

Can't believe I'm saying this after he gave the pen away but I came away from that thinking he's probably what we need. Fast, strong, dominant in the air, calm on the ball and a good passer. Maybe a little rash but you can't have it all.

I agree - he matched Traore for pace, and not many do that. The rest of the game he looked really good.
If he handles united’s front 3 on Sunday, and there’s no downward movement from Napoli, I would definitely look to bring him in.
And yes, his passing was brilliant!

The game has just evolved to the point where people think top class defenders don't exist because their job is much harder now.

You can't just sit back and wait to brea some poor bastard in half when the ball bobbles up, you actually have to take part in the game, tackle cleanly, play 40 yards from your goal, receive the ball under insane pressure. So they make mistakes and then people pretend there's no good ones around.

It doesn't help that a lot of defenders get completely mythologised. Vinny made loads of mistakes even at his best, so did all the top defenders of the past but they were in slightly less exposing systems and people forget the mistakes when they win everything.

Van Dijk makes loads of mistakes.

Agree completely with that. Since i started watching and understanding footy since mid 90's, top defenders now are almost like different players altogether from back then. Different art.

Id like to have seen Keith Curle get a bash in our team!

Impressed again.
Even with the pen it was impressive how close he got to the ball given he was chasing Traore.

Hoping the Koulibaly talk is a good ol' smokescreen

He is really fast and the penalty was one of those incidents where only a few defenders could have done better. The good thing is Seville dominates possession like we do and he did fairly well after the incident. Wolves play at the counter and Traore did not get a sniff after half time. The fact that he could match Adama makes half a problem solved because we too play high in the pitch and need someone pacy for a tackle if there is a counter.

Second big thing was he is not made of glass. The way he fell after that tackle and the shape his leg made i legit thought he is done for the season. Well Kompany Mendy or Laporte would be. He just dusted himself up after the treatment and was good as new for the rest of the match.

Didn’t watch the game but the few reports I have read seem to be that he had an average game. His aerial stats last night weren’t great considering this is meant to be one of his strengths. His cb partner Kounde received a few rave reviews about his performance though and his stats from the game were really impressive. I know you can’t judge players off one game but for those who watched the game last night does Kounde look a better fit for us than Carlos?

Diego Carlos was good last night, He did make a mistake diving in giving away the penalty but after that he was really good especially playing 80 minutes being on a yellow card too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.