Diego Forlan vs Samuel Eto'o

I would go for Forlan and if we could get Tevez as well we will have two top class players who speak the same language and above all both have a good reason to hate baconface and would be motivated in the derby unlike some last season

Forlan for me.

Consistently smashed in goals for years. Doesnt seem to be a mercenary. Out scored eto'o for years. People forget that Forlan was actually playing well when bacon chops got rid of him.

BibbyBlue85 said:
Eto'o every time! Although Forlan has been doing the business over the past 3 season's, Eto'o has been doing the business EVERY season

Not true; Eto'o has been great at Barca but he was merely OK at Real and good at Mallorca.
I'd take both though and there are positives and negatives for both.
Eto'o likes to think himself as a bit of a superstar. He likes the limelight and this is one reason that Guardiola is prepared to let him leave. He is two years younger than Forlan, so that is a plus for him and he is pacey and powerful and will no doubt bang them in. Forlan on the other hand is the consummate professional. His can knock them in with his right and his left and he has experience in the prem. He also has a big point to prove. In truth I think Forlan is the safer option.

There would be a bigger parade if we signed Eto'o and it would send a bigger message, but I honestly think that if we want to sign a player purely to score goals that will fire us up the table then Forlan is the best choice.

R0BINH0 said:
not really a comparison... Eto'o obviously.. an ex rag, or someone who ruined united's chance of double champions league.. uhh.. duhh..

I couldn't give a toss about the rags. I just want someone who can bang the goals in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.