Diego Maradona

Well it didn't take long
d3ad21b4782704a66482ca8f2ffda27e.jpg

It gets worse

Cruyff and Maradona two of the greatest my eyes ever seen

Fantastic footballer in fact a genius on the field

Off field a complete nutcase

RIP

Cruyffs legacy would have been even bigger if his wife hadn't stopped him going to the world cup because he couldn't keep it in his pants, what a player he was.

Cruyff and Maradona two of the greatest my eyes ever seen

Fantastic footballer in fact a genius on the field

Off field a complete nutcase

RIP

I'll never forget that Cruyff turn - when that happened the football world just stopped for a few seconds to admire with a sort of " WTF just happened" look on its face. Genius.

He signed an Argentina 86 shirt for me at the Lowry Hotel during Soccer Aid. He was the only player to walk down the steps n sign stuff, everyone else got straight on the coach I was gutted that I was 3 deep n the security ushered him off to the coach so I lept the metal barrier in front of him n pulled it across my chest n he smiled, signed it n threw the pen to the crowd behind ! I'm only 5'8" but he struck me as tiny. A copper approached me then n told me to stuff it up my shirt n fuck off quick !...surreal

I remember - I'm guessing the exact year (going to look later) probably 10 or so years ago, getting excited to read he was going to play in one of those socceraid games, you know with Lee Mack, Olly Murs etc. he must have been about 50 or early fifties.

He just stayed in the centre circle pinging perfect balls with his left peg.... pure genius.

He was basically footballs answer to Muhammed Ali, imo.

Ah - I found this article about the 1st socceraid, but did Maradona play in others?

(Please don't diss it because it mentions Old Trafford - this is not the day for that.)

I remember - I'm guessing the exact year (going to look later) probably 10 or so years ago, getting excited to read he was going to play in one of those socceraid games, you know with Lee Mack, Olly Murs etc. he must have been about 50 or early fifties.

He just stayed in the centre circle pinging perfect balls with his left peg.... pure genius.

He was basically footballs answer to Muhammed Ali, imo.

Ah - I found this article about the 1st socceraid, but did Maradona play in others?

(Please don't diss it because it mentions Old Trafford - this is not the day for that.)
I think that was his only socceraid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.