Diego Maradona

The greatest in my lifetime, incredible talent, personality and iconic as is humanly possible.

RIP and thank you for some wonderful moments, it was a pleasure.

I get that in Ireland but not worldwide. And as I said players cheat every single week. No difference to me when you see Mane or Salah throwing themselves on the floor to win a penalty.
Is Maradona considered a cheat worldwide, or is it just in England? And if so, I imagine the failed drug test also has something to do with it. Drug bans tend to follow you around a bit more because it's premeditated, whereas cheating in the heat of the moment is something all players do every now and then.

Is Maradona considered a cheat worldwide, or is it just in England? And if so, I imagine the failed drug test also has something to do with it. Drug bans tend to follow you around a bit more because it's premeditated, whereas cheating in the heat of the moment is something all players do every now and then.
I've seen plenty of foreign footage over the years where he's attached to cheating just because of that goal. Henry did the same, but outside Ireland he won't be forever labelled a cheat. The failed drug test didn't help his cause but it doesn't seem to be the main reason why he's disliked or hated. I just think what he did for the game far far outweighs anything negative he did. A flawed genius.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.