Diego novaretti

ChicagoBlue said:
Anyone still pining for Nedum Onuoha?

Nah, didn't think so!

Mancini wants FOOTBALLERS who can PLAY FOOTBALL with the ball at their feet. I realize that is almost sacrilege in a country where Dave Watson was the best Center Half to ever live, but the game has moved on and with the advent of cross border coaching, we are in a renaissance of defensive technical ability that we may have not seen at City since the days of Mike Doyle and Alan Oakes.

Mike Doyle was first & foremost a defender. Alan Oakes was more of a defensive midfielder.

Mike Doyle played his best ever football, next to Dave Watson.

There are ten outfield players on a football team. If two of them happen to be big strong defenders and not Beckenbaur style football gods, it doesn't stop the other 8 from playing, just take the fucking ball off them & pass it. The proof of this is the Arsenal team which had big strong centre backs used to pass the ball for fun & win things as opposed to the 'rennaissance' version, which wins fuck all because it can pass the ball at the back but can't defend.

I don't give a fuck if this bloke is a great passer of the ball, so long as he can win headers & tackles & give the ball simply to someone who can actually pass it.

Couldn't care how much we haven't spent or the fact I haven't heard of the skinny one... Let's get him on the pitch and give him a chance, then judge.

Too many Fifa/Footy manager fanboys on here, wrapped up in this big name Hollywood culture engrossed in our game.

He could be absolutely shit, so what? He was free :)

Think Mancini has wanted a tall, combative CB who can be a nuisance at our set-pieces for some time. Skrtel and Shawcross have been potential targets in the past, I think.

Let's see how he gets on. Don't think he'll be a regular starter but may take Lescott's current role.

Diego-Novaretti-1860967_zps5b2931bb.jpg

Dirty Diego & Nasty - a pair of centre halves to strike fear in the hearts of even Stoke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.