Diesel cars - would you buy

The facts are irrelevant. The anti diesel movement propaganda will ensure public perception will be that diesel cars are killers and make them disappear in the UK. Unfortunately the hysteria is fairly local so manufacturers will not be changing production anytime soon.
Higher taxes, scrappage schemes etc will see them off.
Other countries are leading the way though.

I suspect after the election a whole load of legislation that make running an diesel (new or old) untenable.

Other countries are leading the way though.

I suspect after the election a whole load of legislation that make running an diesel (new or old) untenable.

In the UK I agree but Germany and France motor manufacturers will still be offering the same diesel loaded ranges. Hardly anyone drives petrol cars in Those two countries and they make most of the cars on our roads.

Buy a big fuck off petrol engine car pre 2006. The amount you save on purchase price over a dull new diesel model is enough to drive around the world a few times.

My Passat 170 SEL is still purring along, after 144k miles, it's a diesel and it's effin ace.

No surprises that successive governments before all told us to buy diesels as they were more efficient, then when diesel vehicle ownership went over 50%, made it more expensive than petrol. Wankers.

My Passat 170 SEL is still purring along, after 144k miles, it's a diesel and it's effin ace.

No surprises that successive governments before all told us to buy diesels as they were more efficient, then when diesel vehicle ownership went over 50%, made it more expensive than petrol. Wankers.

And when the world is coerced into driving electric cars, where is the tax revenue going to come from?

It isn't going to be cheap, like lower diesel prices were years ago, that's for sure.

You'd be mad to buy a big 4x4 with anything other than a diesel engine. You need loads of torque to get the big lumps moving, so your options are either a diesel or a big fat V8 petrol - like 5 litres or something daft - which would do less than 20 mpg and cost an arm and a leg to run. The diesel engine is a no brainer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.