Dinamo Zagreb (a) pre-match thread

Dinamo Zagreb (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Play the strongest team possible but give Garcia and Foden game time as well , Pep will be pissed off with our performance against the Rags , need to get back to what we do best and dominate from the first minute

Jesus sulking, really? You obviously get better close ups watching on tv than I do at the games, but I thought he worked his bollocks off. Yes he played badly, as they all did yesterday, but I wouldn’t have accused him of sulking

Maybe sulking isnt the right word so apologies . -but his demeanour isnt great and his performances are terrible.....his mindset isnt strong enougb and he needs to step up if he wants to play with the big boys..he has had his develop time - now is time to show it...Sergio carried us for years pretty much from the moment he arrived and he has had bad spells but there have always been the feeling, performances where you knew he would get it back - i dont see that from GJ - he has potential like so many but as Pep has alluded to its about mindset and if Pep is saying it it means he is starting to question it with Jesus.

Expectations for this one at rock-bottom. With 2nd place in the group on a knife edge, Zagreb have all the pressure and will look to be on the front foot from the off. Be ironic if we sit back, absorb their attacks and then score 1 or 2 on the counter!

Not sure pep will play foden from the beginning or put him on the bench. Pep said this morning that although Phil is the greatest talent he has ever seen his feet don't touch the ground when sitting on a chair. He can't take the risk due to health and safety regs.

Gundogan however is slightly taller so his toes touch plus he has a tache and foden can't shave yet.

It is for us however....the result is meaningless as we will finish top of the group whatever happens

I understand that but it doesn’t make it a dead rubber match which was my point.
You use that term when the result is meaningless for both teams.

I understand that but it doesn’t make it a dead rubber match which was my point.
You use that term when the result is meaningless for both teams.

fair enough - but its a pointless match for us as far as the result goes hence we shoudl aply the kids to see if they are upto scratch

Bravo
Cancelo - Walker - Otamendi - Mendy
Doyle - Gundogan - Foden - Zinchenko
Mahrez - Jesus

I want to try Walker alongside Otamendi as a central pairing. Need to play Cancelo or what was the point of buying him and Mendy given a last chance.

Gundogan with three young enthusiastic partners in midfield, and a chance for the front two to show they have got what it takes to merit a first team place.

fair enough - but its a pointless match for us as far as the result goes hence we shoudl aply the kids to see if they are upto scratch

I agree but if we field a much weakened team then the other teams in the group will feel cheated. I think Pep will respect the competition.

I agree but if we field a much weakened team then the other teams in the group will feel cheated. I think Pep will respect the competition.

couldnt give a shit what other teams think or feel...its about what our club needs and we neeed to see these young players in real games not 5 minute cameos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.