Dining out on your own

We do quite a few cruises and often meet people who travel alone on cruises.
I think its a safe holiday for women alone, there are meet ups at certain times for solo travellers.
I dont think I could do it so I admire them and always say hello to them and have a bit of a chat.
Is this some kind of swingers cruise?
If yes, can I have details please? For my mate, of course.....

In my younger days (and still do now actually), I would/do dine out in pubs/restaurants on my own. Whenever I say this to people I work with or my wife and kids, they look at me as if I'm mad and say they'd never do that.

I really enjoy dining out on my own, do any of you lot do this?, or am I a sad old man?.
Each to their own I say.

Anyone who tells you , you are a sad old man because you dine out alone is probably a sad old man

No one calls me Andrew apart from my mum and she’s been dead for over 20 years, I’m not sure why chatting to new people doesn’t expand your horizons, it just makes the world tick, I’m sure GDM has had social interaction with thousands as have I, it’s always a learning experience even if you learn your talking to a fuckwhit

Lose the superiority complex and lose the h in fookwitt. Happy horizons Drew and have a lovely time in Lyon.

Last edited:
Interesting point that. I live just inside Wales, only about 10 miles from Chester, and whilst i hear Welsh spoken it isn't that common. The further West you go (towards Bangor / Anglesey) it does get very much like that. Bit backward out in that direction...
Because they speak their first language?

My Mrs always comes to the pub with me now as it’s too far to walk. In the good old days when I lived in a town I was happy to go on my own. The biggest thing you have to watch out for, I found is, that you have to be careful that you don’t unintentionally stare at someone when you are deep in thought. Often helps if you have a newspaper with you. The biggest advantages are you drink at your own pace and don’thave to engage in small talk.If you are eating on your own,you can have whatever you want,without worrying that somebody may be unhappy that your having a steak and your splitting the bill with them.

Lots of people eating together who never talk to each other... (even without being on phones)

I've taken to trying out different early bird menus in town before evening matches. Read a paper, use phone, or chat to staff. I know "thank you" in a dozen European languages...

The bistro at the Britannia on Portland Street is good for starting conversations with strangers, usually beginning with "Is there anybody taking orders?"

I no longer speak to him but this one tit in my old local casually asked who I’d flown out to Serbia with (for Wales in the World Cup qualifiers) and I said I’d flown solo and met people out there. He looked at me like I’d just defecated in the middle of the room and started giving all this “I couldn’t go on holiday on me own, me.” (That’s how he spoke!) Within a week it transpired he’d minced around the pub telling anyone who’d bother listening to him.

I’ve seen friendships fall out over holidays. Money owed, behaviour over there, a girl etc. At my age it’s just easier to book solo and meet when you get there. At a City away, I saw married men heading to saunas and brothels. You tend to lose respect for them...

The sheer ridicule he gave me was baffling. It was my first away with my country and I didn’t know anyone going. I was hooked up in minutes and remain friends with a fair few today.

I’ve moved now but my God was he a wanker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.