Dino's Bar and Grill

Of course Dinos existed, I saw Billy Ocean get a slap in there one night by one of the QSG and then threw him out and his own song was playing at the time....red light spells danger, absolutely true !!

The consensus is Thin Lizzy's "The Boys are Back in Town" is about the QSG but I'd always thought the location of 'Dino's Bar and Grill' was a mystery to everyone. Watching Buzzer videos on YouTube heard him mention that he and George Best would often go to Deno's nightclub in Manchester so got me thinking...

Google search threw up a rags forum where someone mentioned the Dino's in question being in Manchester off Whitworth St. Couple other mentions on the net claiming this too, whilst I saw one or two Dubliners saying they'd been told it was a place in Dublin. One saying it was a Dino (wouldn't mention surname for privacy) in Dublin he'd seen pictured with Phil, with whom he'd heard stories of their shenanigans.

Any older Manc's remember the Manchester Deno's (what's the likelihood of it being the Dino's/Deno's in question?) or any Irishmen have any info?

It's a much questioned subject.
Just down from the Union pub opposite corner to o'sheas on Whitworth St, had some great nights in there

Of course Dinos existed, I saw Billy Ocean get a slap in there one night by one of the QSG and then threw him out and his own song was playing at the time....red light spells danger, absolutely true !!
Another Billy Ocean fact. Before I moved from Cambridge to Sheffield I'd never heard of "Red Light Spells Danger", it was all "Going Gets Tough" on local radio and pubs.

You know you're in the North when you hear "Red Light Spells Danger".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.