Disappearing thread sticky ?

levets said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Because whilst others get away with being openly racist or on the wind up, everything I post gets scrutinised by certain posters and deemed offensive or attention seeking.

I made a joke, I apologised despite pointing out my joke was founded in truth. I never said ALL catholics abuse children, I never suggested that for a minute.

And I accepted your apology and I know you never intended to slur all catholics.... but if you stop being so defensive you will see exacatly why your statement was wrong. If I said that about muslims and bombs... I'd probably be prosecuted.

Oh, by the way... I don't scrutinise your posts.. i was reading an interesting thread and came accross your comment. Thats all. AND I didn't complain to the mods about the catholic issue, if thats what you were thinking, though I know who did...

Look, it's cool. I'm not into grudges and I'll always apologise if I feel it's the right thing to do.

I hold no prejudices at all if truth be told and my comment against Catholics was primarily to point out that all faiths have their darkside and shit people. Nothing more, nothing less. As a non christened, non religious person, I view all religions as equal.

in fairness to TMQ I'm a Catholic, in theory, and I see no problem with his post.

If I had a kid I wouldn't leave them alone with a Catholic Priest. It's a general perception based entirely on fact.

My Bishop has just gone to the Pope in the Vatican to resign his post, he was named for turning a blind eye to abuse in a damning new report published here.

Esteban de la Sexface said:
in fairness to TMQ I'm a Catholic, in theory, and I see no problem with his post.

If I had a kid I wouldn't leave them alone with a Catholic Priest. It's a general perception based entirely on fact.

My Bishop has just gone to the Pope in the Vatican to resign his post, he was named for turning a blind eye to abuse in a damning new report published here.

Thank you.

That's all I was trying to say.

scottyboi said:
Damocles said:
I do. You see the thing is, when some people are mods, they feel the need to pull their punches and be all polite to everyone and very diplomatic, as nothing good can come from annoying the userbase. I also try to do this, but after this has being tried, I'm not averse to telling people to fuck off and to shut up, which is what the last post was about. I can only do this because I'm a member of the community first and a mod second.

Its good to argue haha now with you being the master of the net, do you know anywhere i can get sound loops/samples for *cough free.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.freesound.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.freesound.org/</a>
<a class="postlink" href="http://creativecommons.org/audio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://creativecommons.org/audio/</a>

he was named for turning a blind eye to abuse in a damning new report published here.
==================================
He should be prosecuted as an accessory to the fact....
Unfortunately the church in Ireland has a lot to answer for... One of the things being the 'general perception' that you refer to. BUT... it's still wrong to assume it is limited to catholic priests, or that 'catholics in general' blah blah..

levets said:

he was named for turning a blind eye to abuse in a damning new report published here.
Unfortunately the church in Ireland has a lot to answer for... One of the things being the 'general perception' that you refer to. BUT... it's still wrong to assume it is limited to catholic priests, or that 'catholics in general' blah blah..

BUT.. it's not wrong to assume the bastards that did it were protected by a hierarchy that had almost total control in this country and will never be held accountable for their actions.

These fuckers stood on the pulpit and preached yet knew what was going on behind closed doors. Now that is bloody wrong.

stony said:
By the same respect other posters should be able to respond to you in the same vein, and tell you what bollocks you've just spouted(hypothetically of course) without you putting your mod hat back on.

That's bullshit. There's a myriad of people I'd already have banned because they've had a go at me, if the situation was like that; half of the Tevez thread being a good example. In fact, less than a fortnight ago, one of the mods PM'ed me to ask me why I never do anything about the people who actually break the rules to insult me. I have never banned anyone for slagging me off or calling me out, and I never will.

Surely you must see the irony in getting offended at being likened to the SS and then warning unnamed people that their names had been noted for future reference ?

You misunderstood that, or maybe I didn't explain it properly. As a mod, you are always on the lookout for the shitstirrers and the people who have a slanging match on the forum. We don't keep any sort of lists or anything, but it's easier to look sort out problems if you know that one guy is constantly spewing out bile. If we didn't notice this, we would be criticised for not doing anything against serial offenders. You can't have it both ways.

levets said:

BUT.. it's not wrong to assume the bastards that did it were protected by a hierarchy that had almost total control in this country and will never be held accountable for their actions.

These fuckers stood on the pulpit and preached yet knew what was going on behind closed doors. Now that is bloody wrong.

Totally agree... Have the perpatrators all been named? Sorry if I'm appearing a bit dim..

levets said:

Totally agree... Have the perpatrators all been named? Sorry if I'm appearing a bit dim..

no the names were blacked out. The people who protected them have been named

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.