Disappointed?

Squads good enough at it is, they'll only start feeling eachother better and being more effective in their duties in this seasons. I'm confident we can get CL this season! And when that happens some great players ought to think of moving to City.

I'm quite content with Ade, Tevez, Barry, Toure and Lescott.

Next season though we must get Messi, Iniesta and Xavi or I'll be furious and Mark Hughes and Garry Cooke will feel my wrath!

can't exactly be disappointed with the amazing signings & start to season we have made- but! think the end of last year's window was so unbelievable and exciting and last minute, that i kind of wanted to emulate it! just for the buzz. But would have difficult to recreate that excitement a) coz a midnight finish was more exciting than a 5pm sat at work and b) we've since got used to world class players arriving. So, on the whole not disappointed. Or maybe the tiniest bit, but think that's just being spoilt!

I've stated elsewhere that I really didn't want us to sign anyone else. I think this squad is good enough to push for a top 4 finish and the comments about Hughes' scatter-gun approach to signings annoyed me. He clearly had a plan he was sticking to and I'd like to see that plan put to the test this year without a big "galactico" style signing right at the end. Ribery would have been exciting but I hope we go for him and Aguero next summer. We need to have SOMETHING to look forward to then. ;)

The fantastic problem we have now, is you should only buy a player who is better than the player in the starting 11.

Its quite hard now to think of anyone in the City 1st 11 who could be replaced, so the only players from now on we will be looking at will probably have to be top draw and i dont think youll get that type of player on deadline day (Robinho was special case)

The deadline day was dull to say the least though

Only that we didn't keep Dunne and Elano for the remainder of this season at least.

If they both wanted out then fair enough , however Dunne had stated he wanted to stay and fight for his spot.

He might have a battle on his hands to be a regular in Villa's back four once all the injured players are back to full fitness so I question the move to be honest.

Millennium said:
I can't say I am disappointed, but I would be happier if we had one strong central midfielder because I believe we really need a genius midfielder, some one who can control the field.

Ireland. LAst days buys usually show a lack of planning. Our planning was spot on.

manchester blue said:
Millennium said:
I can't say I am disappointed, but I would be happier if we had one strong central midfielder because I believe we really need a genius midfielder, some one who can control the field.

Ireland. LAst days buys usually show a lack of planning. Our planning was spot on.

Ireland is a work horse and an excellent midfielder, but he's not in the 'genius' or 'midfield controller' by any means.

Have to agree with millenium. Not dissapointed that we didnt sign anyone last day, but would have loved to see a top-drawer midfield general join us, its an area that i think we will get found out in the bigger games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.