Disappointed?

The only player I could have realistically seen us sign and actually improve us is Villa but that was always gonna be a long shot. What we've done this window is what we should have done in the summer, we couldn't get our preferred targets so we will wait until the next window instead of panic buying.

still feel the winger issue hasn't been addressed, but our problem this season are unlikely to have been solved by a winger, as we have still created plenty of chances.

in this window I would have kept Balotelli personally til summer, and brought in a short term/loan replacement, simply because Guidetti still appears to be several weeks off fitness

but not disappointed, no. A spend of £50m in the 2012/13 season, along with £20 coming our way, could lead to a couple of big signings next summer. But the focus will no doubt be on integrating Guidetti and Rekik, Razak and Suarez too possibly, into squad players so we only need to spend on a couple of positions

It remains to be seen but in a funny way, selling Mario is like signing a future.
We have hopefully signed even better team spirit, less press attention for wrong reasons and less for the manager to worry about.
When selling certain players its not just in the money that clubs benifit.
We may have signed nobody player wise but for all we will miss Mario, I think we may have signed up to a new beginning.

Another season of tightening the belt financially. Breaking even is getting closer and closer and then Platini will be powerless to stop us. Couldn't care less that we didn't strengthen the playing squad, we win what we win and if we have a trophyless season then it'll be an important step in teaching our fanbase - which has been spoilt rotten by the good Sheikh - not to automatically expect glory - since when were we a team based on silverware anyway? Enjoy watching the balance sheet tip towards the green and let the good times roll, I say.

January is a bad month for buying long term prospects FACT.Their shelf life is virtually nil,they don't call them panic buys for nothing.You part with a lot of cash for a mediocre player who you then sell for next to nothing.

Interesting from Mike Rigg on Football Focus earlier, at organised clubs transfers take months of advance planning. Last summer the transfers were a shambles. Rumoured with this and that then most transfers completed on the last day. Tricky and Ferrari aren't the best in the business for no reason, and are probably very organised in what business they plan to do long-term. I don't know the ins and outs of the Balotelli transfer, but may have been something they didn't plan for and that happened quickly, hence no replacement. Alternatively, it may just be a move to balance the books.

This season could not be considered a "disaster" unless we fail to qualify for next seasons CL. I know we all wanted to kick on from last year and win the league again (for the record there is still a lot of football left to play, we are still on for the double), but if we don't then it is not all over. We have many more seasons to go and we can't expect to win the league every season, that'd just be completely unrealistic.

mansour's tow ropes said:
A spend of £50m in the 2012/13 season, along with £20 coming our way

Plus AJ £10m, Ade £5m, Sturridge sell on £1-2m, NDJ £4m?, Weiss £2m?

Personally I'm not convinced it means a heap of money will be available next season.

Falastur said:
Another season of tightening the belt financially. Breaking even is getting closer and closer and then Platini will be powerless to stop us. Couldn't care less that we didn't strengthen the playing squad, we win what we win and if we have a trophyless season then it'll be an important step in teaching our fanbase - which has been spoilt rotten by the good Sheikh - not to automatically expect glory - since when were we a team based on silverware anyway? Enjoy watching the balance sheet tip towards the green and let the good times roll, I say.
You should be an Arsenal fan - then you'd be really really happy

Yaya_Tony said:
Interesting from Mike Rigg on Football Focus earlier, at organised clubs transfers take months of advance planning. Last summer the transfers were a shambles. Rumoured with this and that then most transfers completed on the last day. Tricky and Ferrari aren't the best in the business for no reason, and are probably very organised in what business they plan to do long-term. I don't know the ins and outs of the Balotelli transfer, but may have been something they didn't plan for and that happened quickly, hence no replacement. Alternatively, it may just be a move to balance the books.

This season could not be considered a "disaster" unless we fail to qualify for next seasons CL. I know we all wanted to kick on from last year and win the league again (for the record there is still a lot of football left to play, we are still on for the double), but if we don't then it is not all over. We have many more seasons to go and we can't expect to win the league every season, that'd just be completely unrealistic.
Given we've hardly seen him this season and given he may have wanted out, rather than balancing the books it makes things easier in the summer. Not to say we won't need to move more players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.