"Disappointing" attendances

Don’t think it’s a piss poor attendance but let’s be honest its not good considering it was priced ok. People making excuses for not going which are obviously valid for some but let’s be honest £10 for an adult is dirt cheap to watch the greatest team in our history. Real Madrid nearly sold out so people have found the money just after Xmas for that .

It wasn’t about money for some. I am at the game Wednesday and at spurs next Sunday. Plus 50 hours at work this week. Where is the free time to spend with the family? It was on tv today and I watched it with the full family, did some jobs, helped the kids with homework and had a rest. Pep needs to show our club some more respect.

But what would the reaction have been if we'd offered them the full allocation whrn they hadn't done the same for us?
Everyone would have played holy hell. Takes me back to the 80s. We were giving them 13k and they were giving us 6k or something. I’m sure there was one derby when we got 850 seats when they were redeveloping.

The attendance comment is rising up the most important news stories on the BBC website. Above the Scousers cup disrespect. It'll probably be a ticker tape on all sports news programmes all next week. Brought up every time we are mentioned on breakfast sports. Adrian Durham will run a special couple of hours asking what's going wrong with our fans. Weekend discussion shows. All because of a snide interviewer and Pep not being savvy to swerve it. 39000 isn't bad. It's on f*cking free to air telly and Fulham who brought no fans. Before he has his press conference during the week our media team needs to have a word.
Just successful clickbait. A negative story unfairly slagging off City attracts nearly as many people as a postive one about LFC or United. The BBC has given up any pretence of producing serious sports coverage in favour of just feeding the trolls. A quick glimpse of the comments on its online stories about City proves my point. It's a truly pathetic waste of taxpayers' money.

Pep is used to standing in stadiums like Camp Nou and the Allianz Arena with 80,000 fans.

Standing at the Etihad with 39,000 fans isn’t what Pep is used to or expects from a fan base.

Routine home tie against lower league opponents - 39K is perfectly acceptable

Failing to sell out or near as damn it on Wednesday would signify to me that our support is changing. I can't imagine many bigger occasions than Wednesday night but I suppose your selfie taking, half n half scarf wearing, well off occasional visitor sees things differently
I can think of plenty of Maine Road Derbies that were well short of a sell out. October ‘86: crowd circa 32,000, capacity (iirc) 52,000. Even allowing for “Swales’ shrinkage”, that’s hugely below capacity and not a selfie taker to be seen. I remember loads of big gaps on the Kippax that afternoon.

Pep is used to standing in stadiums like Camp Nou and the Allianz Arena with 80,000 fans.

Standing at the Etihad with 39,000 fans isn’t what Pep is used to or expects from a fan base.

If he ever goes to Juventus he will be in for a shock, smaller stadium and they regularly get empty seats even for big games.
Jive are regarded as the biggest club in Italy

The attendance comment is rising up the most important news stories on the BBC website. Above the Scousers cup disrespect. It'll probably be a ticker tape on all sports news programmes all next week. Brought up every time we are mentioned on breakfast sports. Adrian Durham will run a special couple of hours asking what's going wrong with our fans. Weekend discussion shows. All because of a snide interviewer and Pep not being savvy to swerve it. 39000 isn't bad. It's on f*cking free to air telly and Fulham who brought no fans. Before he has his press conference during the week our media team needs to have a word.
Didn't know we have a media Department..

It's pretty obvious why the crowd was lower and if Pep doesn't know the reasons, even allowing for cultural differences, it's fairly ignorant on his part.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.