"Disappointing" attendances

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by JOGAMIGMOG, 26 Jan 2020.

1. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

It wasn’t about money for some. I am at the game Wednesday and at spurs next Sunday. Plus 50 hours at work this week. Where is the free time to spend with the family? It was on tv today and I watched it with the full family, did some jobs, helped the kids with homework and had a rest. Pep needs to show our club some more respect.

2. Didsbury Dave

Didsbury Dave

Everyone would have played holy hell. Takes me back to the 80s. We were giving them 13k and they were giving us 6k or something. I’m sure there was one derby when we got 850 seats when they were redeveloping.

3. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

Just successful clickbait. A negative story unfairly slagging off City attracts nearly as many people as a postive one about LFC or United. The BBC has given up any pretence of producing serious sports coverage in favour of just feeding the trolls. A quick glimpse of the comments on its online stories about City proves my point. It's a truly pathetic waste of taxpayers' money.

Mike Cledford likes this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. jrb

jrb

Pep is used to standing in stadiums like Camp Nou and the Allianz Arena with 80,000 fans.

Standing at the Etihad with 39,000 fans isn’t what Pep is used to or expects from a fan base.

5. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

I can think of plenty of Maine Road Derbies that were well short of a sell out. October ‘86: crowd circa 32,000, capacity (iirc) 52,000. Even allowing for “Swales’ shrinkage”, that’s hugely below capacity and not a selfie taker to be seen. I remember loads of big gaps on the Kippax that afternoon.

6. Tim of the Oak

Tim of the Oak

I don’t know why so many Blues consume this negative media shite if they are so soft skinned.

Man_City_Loyal likes this.
  7. deafmanstevo

deafmanstevo

If he ever goes to Juventus he will be in for a shock, smaller stadium and they regularly get empty seats even for big games.
    Jive are regarded as the biggest club in Italy

8. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

Because they enjoy being offended!

mccity, bumbleblue and Tim of the Oak like this.
  9. Didn't know we have a media Department..

10. jaigurugoat

jaigurugoat

It's pretty obvious why the crowd was lower and if Pep doesn't know the reasons, even allowing for cultural differences, it's fairly ignorant on his part.