"Disappointing" attendances

I am getting fed up with peps replies TBH, he either thinks they are shit or he walks into a reporters trap, which ever it is he should be more savvy as to how he answers it. When a City manager/player/owner uses some of his own very easily gained money to get fans into the ground then he can gob off, until then he/they should STFU.

Pep's had a dig today, not for the first time either.
I know the club read Bluemoon.
The facts are we have a low match-day income when compared to other top six clubs. I'd class our fan base as the same as Newcastle. I'd like to see their match-day income. It's probably on a par. We're up against London and two giants of Liverpool and United who have had 40 + years of success to build a country-wide fanbase whilst we literally dive bombed to the third division.
But we've had ten years of success now. Our attendances have never been as high since the 1930's so why is Pep unhappy? His beloved Barca don't sell out every week. Moreover, they only get 50k some games - less than us!
If he was Barca manager there is no way he would have a dig at their attendances, would he?
Anyway, the point of this long post is when you've got Fulham fans singing 'Your ground's too big for you' it's embarrassing. Today's crowd was disappointing for sure when compared to crowds we've been getting but when compared to other FA Cup crowds we've had in my 52 years of being alive I reckon today's crowd stacks up amongst any 4th round ties we've had. Up the Blues.
Laughable coming from Fulham fans I can remember when they got just over 3k for league games.

Posted in the other thread ...

I don’t think Pep has issues with not filling up the stadium ... it’s what those that are there do or do not do is what he takes issue with ... the atmosphere most of the days is shite and even when we need crowd behind us when losing or drawing in last minutes we have seen droves leaving at their usual 80 min mark regardless ... I have issue with them two things, we all should ... fix that first, the empty seats won’t matter one bit if those filling the seats make some continuous noise or get behind fully ... we can’t seem to pick ourselves up except those few games every season ... and I can list them here, Tottenham in CL, Liverpool last season and that’s pretty much it ... when else did we really make it a noisy non stop supported place where opposition would feel it ... same once or twice the season before and I expect it to be the same this season ... so far zero atmosphere this season, expect it if when Liverpool come around and they’re winning the league that day and we stop them doing so would generate some ... maybe in Real Madrid home leg if we’re well into it and maybe another CL tie later ... that’s about it!

FA Cup tie v Fulham should be £1 for kids and £5 for the adult bringing them. Other than that £10 for everyone else.

In fact, forget Fulham, that should be the prices for all domestic cup ties.
Not allowed .The away team have a say.we would but they wont. Why would they want to face a full house and draw less money to boot.

We’ve had an alarming drop this season. Look at the Southampton game in the carabao earlier in the season. Not sure what we got for that but it was half full. A new low when Fulham are singing your ground’s too big for you. I’d love to know how many from the palace game we’re there today. I’m in 306 and barely recognised anyone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.