"Disappointing" attendances

I’ve been saying it for years but there’s far too much football these days. As someone mentioned earlier, it’s starting to feel like a bit of a chore these days. And the night games are even worse.

Totally agree.

All very well for millionaires to criticise fans for not paying to see games. Surely that criticism should be aimed at the club, who have the means and motivation to make it more affordable to attend multiple cup games...chumps, league, FA.
If I was the one in the very privileged financial position, I would be going to great lengths to ensure that my message couldn't be remotely confused with the idea that I am having a go at the working class for not attending every game (40k is not to be sniffed at in the slightest).

He needs a better go to response.

Just my opinion.........

The BBC have actually opened a have your say on this. They really don't like us do they.

They are a f***ing s*** stain of a sports media organisation.

Constantly sucking up to and fawning over United and Liverpool, while constantly shitting on City.

Be warned. We are going to get fucking slaughtered for the attendance on the Wednesday. Ticket sales are very poor indeed.

I don't think Pep's intention was to be derogatory about our fans however the media takes delight at the 'emptihad' myth and he has unwittingly put some fuel on the fire. I don't doubt for one minute that he was asked to drum up sales of the last few thousand tickets for Wednesday but there are less controversial ways of doing it, for example,
Pep 'The players have to play too many games and the fans have to pay for too many games in December and January, it is too much for everyone. But I hope on Wednesday we will have a full stadium and I know our fans will be right behind us'
It really isn't rocket science but then again our media department haven't exactly covered themselves in glory over the years, indeed much the opposite.
I fully expect an about turn by Pep in his pre-match interview on Tuesday but sadly, for some, the damage is done. Not for me I hasten to add, I was there today and will be there Wednesday singing my head off.

I am not going to criticise fans for staying away today because that is their right but tickets prices were reduced today so some of the criticism of the club is unfair.
To the moaners who complain about ‘day trippers’ taking some of the allocations.......today was your chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.