Discontent that will end the Tory Govt is coming

With regards to pensions, 23 years ago i took a significant drop in wages to leave the private sector for a career in the public sector.
The three selling points were the final salary pension, career development opportunities and pay progression.
My wage is now £5,000 a year worse than it was 12 years ago, promotion opportunities are all advertised externally and a LOT of my final salary pension is gone.
I am lucky though, I have almost bought my house (18 months of mortgage left), and a loan paid off in 5 months time.
I COULD use the extra poundsin my pocket to start living again rather than just existing, but instead I will be saving the money for three or four years and buying a place in Bulgaria to retire to as my pension there will allow me to live and not merely exist.
Thus money that WOULD have been recycled in the local economy will be boosting the economy of Bulgaria.
How can you retire to Bulgaria mate?
Are their rules different from the rest of the EU?

No difference between Bulgaria and the rest of the EU, however as I am born and bred in the part of the Union that comes after AND on the front of my passport, I am entitled to adopt an alternative nationality which could allow me to remain both within the United Kingdom and the European Union.
Oven ready deals made by idiots can be useful for those wishing to read them (something that Bozo obviously never done before signing it)).

It was the fbu and judges union, it was to do with age discrimination, so everyone has to be put back on their old final salary schemes until April this year, it makes helluva difference as certainly in the fire service 92 pension you made your best money in the last 10 years of service, it could be as much as £50 lump sum difference in some cases! Now thanks to us every public sector worker has won back there stolen pensions.
I presume you mean £50k lump sum.

Some of the fire authorities still seem to be jibbing over the payments.

My late mum called this shopping - there was all sorts of tinned shit in her cupboards when we cleared them

That’s not a time capsule I'd ever want to open.

I presume you mean £50k lump sum.

Some of the fire authorities still seem to be jibbing over the payments.
Yes mate, and nearly all aren’t paying out the full amount, twats, they are supposed to pay up next October but I’m ot holding my breath, we won the decisions 4 years ago, there are people who haven’t been paid properly since then, it’s disgraceful.

The rules around residency (90 days in any 180) only apply to Schengen Zone, so if you wanted you could purchase a property and apply to retire in places not in the Schengen Zone yet such as Croatia / Montenegro etc. Problem is that property prices are soaring because of this rule .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.