Discontent that will end the Tory Govt is coming

2012 with the Olympics and Jubilee, I guess.
Things were actually pretty bad in 2012, the tories were running austerity and there ws an overhang from the financial crash....i would say the blair years pre 2007 was the last time there was a positive buzz...hardly anything happened in the news in 2006....since then its been one disaster after another...the financial crash...brexit..trump...covid....ukraine war leading to cost of living crisis..near collapse of nhs

Things were actually pretty bad in 2012, the tories were running austerity and there ws an overhang from the financial crash....i would say the blair years pre 2007 was the last time there was a positive buzz...hardly anything happened in the news in 2006....since then its been one disaster after another...the financial crash...brexit..trump...covid....ukraine war leading to cost of living crisis..near collapse of nhs
2011 was horrendous too

Boris Johnson says Britons must accept higher gas bills.
A sign there will not be much extra support given perhaps

Ukraine war: Boris Johnson says Britons must accept higher gas bills as 'Ukrainians are paying in blood'​

Save

There was a positive buzz though, hence my answer.

If not then then it has to be pre 2007 bank crash.

Good luck to CWU and postal workers in their strike action tomorrow. Royal Mail are trying to use scab managers in some areas to deliver post to try to break the strike. If you want to show support you can put one of these in your window:

Personally I think if you ordered something you want that parcel. Best to be home - receive it and just say to the person delivering it SCAB and close the door on them.

Reactions: mat
To be honest, it wasn't that great in 2010 either, but people often look back to when they were younger and remember the good things, not the bad. We have just come out of a pandemic & straight into a European war now, which wasn't the situation in 2010. Just trying to put things into perspective.

But where we have messed up (and this tory leadership farce isn't helping) is that back in February the government should have started emergency procedures to prepare for Winter 22/23. Something like the Manhatten project (1942-45) or Apollo in the 60's. Get fracking all the gas we can, get out all the gas under the North sea that we can - open coal mines too.* Put green issues on hold until the whole world accepts it needs to act together. We could have at least tried to get self-sufficient in energy by the end of this year (even if we didn't achieve it) & maybe even run a surplus to sell to France and Germany. Then we could have kept the costs right down, none of this £4000 energy bills for families, this winter.

It is absolutely bonkers that Germany buys energy off Russia (and us too in smaller quantities) the funds which they then use to run a war against Ukriane, we then send arms to Ukraine to help them fight back, Bonkers!

*Can someone explain to me how in the 2020s with all the ICT we have now it takes ten years to build a Nuclear Power station, (& probably by the French or Chinese!) yet Britain built its first ones in the late 40s in like 3-4 years!?
“Get fracking and put green issues on hold.”Just what we need. More short-termism. It’s served the country, the world and the environment admirably thus far.

Good luck to CWU and postal workers in their strike action tomorrow. Royal Mail are trying to use scab managers in some areas to deliver post to try to break the strike. If you want to show support you can put one of these in your window:

You’ve got to be a particular **** to be a scab. Not support a strike; don’t lose any pay; reap the rewards of any such action. Immoral. “But who’ll think of the passengers / customers / patients/ kids?” Get fucked blacklegs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.