Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't watched that many full games this season. In the highlights I saw Fernandinho looked pretty average to me. In the last two games though he's shown his quality to me...I think that is mainly due to Kompany being back allowing Yaya to go forward and giving him more responsibility to cover and more space for passing/movement.

city91 said:
Bare in mind that in most games this season we had played a 4-2-2-2 and come up against teams playing 3 or 5 in midfield I think Fernandinho has been fantastic for us. We all know that Toure is world class but the one thing he does lack is getting back into position quickly. So for us to have a defensive and possession record as we currently have means Ferna can't be doing a bad job even more so when considering we are normally outnumbered in the middle of the park.

I'll stick my neck out here and say that Fernandinho is the most important player we have signed. A few years ago people wanted to start NDJ and Barry so that Yaya could be pushed forward. Fernadinho alone allows Yaya to push further up. In effect he can do the NDJ and Barry job combined.

That's a really good way of explaining that mate.

Henk Ten Cate just said that Pellegrini was one of the best managers in the world and backed him to prove it this season.

He's a man that knows his football so thats high praise indeed.

Ed68 said:
I haven't watched that many full games this season. In the highlights I saw Fernandinho looked pretty average to me. In the last two games though he's shown his quality to me...I think that is mainly due to Kompany being back allowing Yaya to go forward and giving him more responsibility to cover and more space for passing/movement.

You can't form an opinion on Fernandinho based on highlights. This is why opposition fans who never watched our games in full (and especially those that never saw us live) tended to think Barry was pretty average (or worse). The kind of work both players are good at doesn't tend to show up on the highlights reel.

FromPollockToSilva said:
Ed68 said:

You can't form an opinion on Fernandinho based on highlights. This is why opposition fans who never watched our games in full (and especially those that never saw us live) tended to think Barry was pretty average (or worse). The kind of work both players are good at doesn't tend to show up on the highlights reel.

Absolutely agree mate. Apart from Villa fans all my non-City supporting (and some City) mates based most of their opinion on Barry on one incident in the Germany game.

Let's just say the Everton ones have had a change of mind and now know I was talking sense bigging him up to them.

If we carry on playing like we did against plsen and the scum, I think we will all be happy with Pelly this season. I 4-1 will be ;-)

mammutly said:
Ducado said:
andrewmswift said:
mammutly hates fernandinho. it's totally absurd, ridiculous and at this point borderline pathetic, but he hates him
It's become his obsession

I love the way some posters try and drag these debates down to playground level.

Yeh. I hate Fernandinho. Never met him, but I bet he smells.
I think they mean you don't rate him as a player.

Which is fucking nuts as he is great. I would imagine you would like him if Mancini signed him ;-)

Well the man's doing fuck all to help with FFP. At this rate we're going to be buying so many new sets of nets for the Etihad we'll have doubled our losses by Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.