Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say I have been very frustrated with Pellegrini.

Everything I read about him when he came in seemed perfect, a tactician who changes his team and ultimately games as it is being played. Is not afraid to knock some players down a peg or two and get the very maximum out of everyone else.

So far we have seen glimpses of this and I just can't understand why this is.

Has to be given a season but I want to see more from Pellegrini!

Would like to know what his side kick was doing last night ? Does the club just pay these fkers to do nothing ?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I'll tell you what is a lack of respect, calling Pellegrini a puppet.

A man far too long in the tooth and fielding offers from the likes of Barca, Chelsea and PSG.

How is he expected to succeed when some of our fans hold such a low opinion of him before he's had time to get his feet properly under the desk.

Not a pop at anyone in particular, but it increasingly seems as though Pellegrini's standing in the game counts for very little, and on a hiding to nothing.
3 purple patches and a devastating 45 mins in a friendly aside, his standing really counts for little and as we all know he is very much in a results driven business.

Tactical naivety notwithstanding (and there have been many discussions under the previous regime about body language) Pellers currently has the demeanour of a broken man imho.

I'm not asking for a change in manager by the way, I'm asking for lessons to be learned and appropriate changes to be implemented that show us why this gilded reputation has been earned.

The cookie monster said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
The spanish mafia are quiet in all this.

I would love to know what they are thinking.

They will be held accountable as well should this all go tits up!

But this seems to be want you want, mate?

Despite the standard lip-service, we're all blues etc, wanting the best for the team...

The majority of your comments appear to carry a stench of still wanting to be proved right, and your bitterness Mancini was sacked.

There is certainly a lack of respect with how you preface Soriano and Begiristain.

Why would you expect a public utterance from a technical director and a bean counter?

The buck always stops with the manager, as it rightly did for Mancini, and will be for everyone who follows him, like him or not.

We have certainly gone backwards on the pitch since they took over tolmie
Won nothing and dropping like a led balloon for the last last 18 months
It could be the players,manager who knows

Lets hope we can get it together for a big push for the title
As i still think we have by far the best squad..

It was going backwards on the pitch under Mancini, prior to Soriano and Begiristain, mate.

As for dropping like a lead balloon, not really, the only way is down when you have won the FA Cup and Premier League.

We finished second last season and runners-up in the FA Cup Final.

It's a drop-off, but teams don't win the double every year, and we are yet to gauge the true barometer over the same period under Pellegrini.

At this level, the margins are so slight. There is always someone bigger and better on their day.

I recall Chelsea going through similar patches whilst they chopped and changed, but the class of their players have ensured they kept winning over the course of an entire season.

Our class will tell and I expect Pellegrini to be the one to be the exponent of it.

crystal_mais said:
What I would like to see is:-
- Pellegrini to have given an absolute rocket to the team behind closed doors and basically warned them about their performance and future at this club
- Make some changes for the weekend
- I have tried to side with Dzeko but I've had enough now
- Sort his tactics out for this league especially away from home

The biggest issue with Mancini was he hung his players out to dry in the media, The likes of Ferguson never did it in public but more behind closed doors. I am hoping Pellegrini will do the same. Some of these players only turn up when they fancy it

I am hoping the DoF and Khaldoon are looking at shipping some of these buggers out
How can you blame the players for last night?! They were basically told to go over the top of the trenches with a custard pie instead of a gun!

It's the manager that deserves a rocket up his arse from the powers that be! Last night was fuck all to do with a lack of effort from the players, and all to do with the tactical incompetence of the manager.

40 odd thousand and me and my mate sat in a pub in Spain saw what was wrong in the first five minutes.

WTF is wrong with him (inept blind or stupid)? Or all three

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
BillyShears said:
Just for my own edification ... hands up those who would prefer Pellegrini to be sacked asap.

Seems a lot of people are saying it without wanting to say it so be good to see who's got the courage of their convictions.

No I wouldn't. There's no point, especially as we have no idea who would take over. But I'd like to know how many of those who wanted him in the first place are at all happy with him, and why. And it would be interesting to know how many would still have sacked Mancini now, and why.

-- Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:13 pm --

BillyShears said:
Just for my own edification ... hands up those who would prefer Pellegrini to be sacked asap.

Seems a lot of people are saying it without wanting to say it so be good to see who's got the courage of their convictions.

No I wouldn't. There's no point, especially as we have no idea who would take over. But I'd like to know how many of those who wanted him in the first place are at all happy with him, and why. And it would be interesting to know how many would still have sacked Mancini now, and why.

I'll answer the 2nd question first - I would still have sacked Mancini - Why - His time had come to an end. There was too much resentment behind the scenes, his management methods, would not engage with the youth set up, constantly wanting to keep spending more rather than working with what he had and improving the team. Slagging off his management, hanging players out to dry in public, Mario treatment - its a fact he let Mario get away with murder at times

I wanted Jose/Klopp/Pep - we never got them. Pellegrini was around 6th in my list behind Simione & Laudrup. My view, I have seen some improvement and change in the way we are playing. The honeymoon period is now over for him, its now time to stand up and crack on.

What is worrying is the:-
- Defensive mistakes
- Stupid errors
- Still no improvement in away form which has been poor for nearly 2 years now going back to Nov 2011
- not pressing teams high enough

BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I will tell you what you are increasingly looking correct on: we have 4 squad fullbacks and no top drawer ones. Not that the fullbacks were hugely at fault last night: they kept getting isolated because of bayern's midfield dominance. But it's an area, both sides, where every player has a weakness.

I think they were massively culpable last night ... both of them. Provided fuck all going forwards and were both defensively overawed and panicked far too quickly.

Even more so than in Mancini's day, to play our current 4222 system the two full backs need to be complete. I'd seriously be considering Baines in January. Can play in CL too ... and is head and shoulders better than both Clichy and Kolarov. On the other side one of Zaba or Micah needs to be sacrificed to bring in a player with quality in his end product.

As I said to Lucky Toma - rightly or wrongly I think our squad will get gutted next summer with the only suriving players form the title winning team being Silva, Kompany, Yaya, and Aguero.

Have also mentioned this for ages now. Both on proper well rounded fullbacks being worth their weight in gold, and needing to replace way more of our squad than people think. I think the only reason we didn't make more changes this summer gone was simply a matter of disruption. I bet Txiki would like nothing more than to ship out Lescott, Milner, Kolarov, Richards, and replace them with 'continental' alternatives, but he would have taken it like a shotgun to the face for doing so.

All we need to be doing at the moment is the same thing any good team does - play to our bloody strengths. If we don't have the personnel for Pele's 4222, don't fucking play it. Stop trying to shoehorn two strikers into the team, if anyone gets pissed off so be it, it confirms we have too many strikers.

My main worry now however is not that we need to replace too many players, but that we've dropped a bollock on the coach. He's got an unreal amount of work to do over these next few games. It's not politics, he's not going to be able to bang on about 'the mess he inherited' - It's been said a lot on here but you don't get any time at the top. I think we're a more patient club than most, but we won't accept no CL qualification and being played off the park by teams we're supposed to be challenging.

Perhaps Pelligrini is a tactical genius and was playing reverse pyschology on the players?

In this "conspiracy world" he wanted them to get outgunned in midfield deliberately to shake the complacency and belief out of some of our players, that they only need talent without effort to win games.

Hopefully this humiliating defeat will give them a huge wake up call they've needed for some time now.

Last night's performance will either act as a kick up the arse to the team or demoralise them, we will know by 3pm Saturday which effect it will have had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.