Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
The spanish mafia are quiet in all this.

I would love to know what they are thinking.

They will be held accountable as well should this all go tits up!

But this seems to be want you want, mate?

Despite the standard lip-service, we're all blues etc, wanting the best for the team...

The majority of your comments appear to carry a stench of still wanting to be proved right, and your bitterness Mancini was sacked.

There is certainly a lack of respect with how you preface Soriano and Begiristain.

Why would you expect a public utterance from a technical director and a bean counter?

The buck always stops with the manager, as it rightly did for Mancini, and will be for everyone who follows him, like him or not.

We have certainly gone backwards on the pitch since they took over tolmie
Won nothing and dropping like a led balloon for the last last 18 months
It could be the players,manager who knows

Lets hope we can get it together for a big push for the title
As i still think we have by far the best squad..

1972Bramhall_Blue said:
BillyShears said:
Just for my own edification ... hands up those who would prefer Pellegrini to be sacked asap.

Seems a lot of people are saying it without wanting to say it so be good to see who's got the courage of their convictions.

Not many people are saying he should be sacked, but a lot of people are extremely concerned that despite taking over a side that was runners up last season and had £100 million spent on it over the summer we have taken only one point from away games at Cardiff, Stoke and Villa and been humiliated at home to Munich in the CL. For me it would be very foolish to sack Pellegrini now, but can you or anyone say that they are happy with what they've seen from him so far?

No, i was someone who was calling for Mancini to go (think that was called an outer) but im not going to think shit everyone is going to say ha ha grass is always greener eh told you so, i will say if Mancini had done that last night ME and alot of others would not of heard any excuses from the inners about how inept that was, i called Mancini on ALOT of things he did but cant remember anything as weak and clueless as that last night and i dont mean ON the pitch

BillyShears said:
Just for my own edification ... hands up those who would prefer Pellegrini to be sacked asap.

Seems a lot of people are saying it without wanting to say it so be good to see who's got the courage of their convictions.

Not me - But would like to take a checkpointl after the Xmas period

hgblue said:
BillyShears said:

He has to stay until the end of the season at least, unless the wheels totally fall off, which is extremely unlikely with the quality of players he has available. I have to say that I'd be speaking to Laudrup off the record about a possible vacancy at the end of the season as a contingency.....

Why wait until our season is totaly fuked and we ship another three goals in one game?

Ballet On Ice said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
BillyShears said:
I think they were massively culpable last night ... both of them. Provided fuck all going forwards and were both defensively overawed and panicked far too quickly.

Even more so than in Mancini's day, to play our current 4222 system the two full backs need to be complete. I'd seriously be considering Baines in January. Can play in CL too ... and is head and shoulders better than both Clichy and Kolarov. On the other side one of Zaba or Micah needs to be sacrificed to bring in a player with quality in his end product.

As I said to Lucky Toma - rightly or wrongly I think our squad will get gutted next summer with the only suriving players form the title winning team being Silva, Kompany, Yaya, and Aguero.

Can't agree, mate.

I thought it was the right decision to go with Richards last night, having seen his power trouble Bayern in pre-season.

Clichy was our best player in the opening half, trying to make his tackles higher up and at least try and drive forward with the ball.

They were both left brutally exposed by Pellegrini's crap selection further upfield.

The first goal stems because Richards fails to get close enough to Ribery, as a by-product of Navas failing to also get close enough to the decoy overlap.

Clichy was just horribly exposed by a two-man midfield and a lack of cover from Nasri, as he was too busy trying to fill the spaces left by Dzeko's reluctance to match Aguero's defending from the front.

A lot of pressure would have been taken off both full-backs if Negredo had started and we had gone with that extra man in midfield.

Wise after the event, but glaringly obvious during the game, which worries me what Pellegrini was watching.

The plan is 442
We have Mike Bassett managing our team and I could not believe what I was seeing last night,

We should not have set up that way against Bayern, they had a 5/6 man midfield which left Ferdy and Yaya totally outnumbered, this format only worked against United because they were also playing 442 and when they changed it with Cleverly they started to control the game but at 4-0 who cared.

But we did set up that way and it was clear right from the start that it did not work, but what did the manager do, nothing. We should have taken a forward off and strengthened midfield, and I am not talking from hindsight. I was screaming it right from the start.

Gary Neville was also constantly on about this and he summed it up perfectly when he said that if our manager was English he would be slated for being tactically naive and not up to the modern game.

If we continue to play 442 then I am not only worried about the CL campaign but more so about the prem. Other teams will have seen that last night and our managers inability to act and pack midfield against us, we could end up mid table.

This is not a kneejerk reaction this is a real concern, his first substitution from 442 was to change one of the front 2, it wasn’t the problem who the 2 were they could not get the ball.

Under Bobby we had 5 in mid field 433 or 451 and it worked for the last 3 years, it just needed pace adding. Not ripping up

Don't think anybody is on the wrong page with regards the crap formation or the inability to change it.

Again, I know it's only a forum and the Mike Bassett reference is a jokey reference, but bloody hell, this guy is a top manager and it's a sad sight to read so many personal comments about him with regards getting rid.

We all need to be pulling in a similar direction but we're not because of the way last season ended, the Mancini fall-out.

I've seen some lovely football this season, coupled with horrific defending. A bit like last season, really.

The only difference seems to be that Pellegrini has not earned the goodwill that trophies inevitably bring.

But what he does deserve is more than six games and a schooling from one of the best teams Europe will have the pleasure of seeing.

I back this guy 100 per cent ALL SEASON - until anybody can truly determine our fate.

P.S - did Micah play against Bayern in pre-season or mistaken for Milan?

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
BillyShears said:

No I wouldn't. There's no point, especially as we have no idea who would take over. But I'd like to know how many of those who wanted him in the first place are at all happy with him, and why. And it would be interesting to know how many would still have sacked Mancini now, and why.

-- Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:13 pm --

BillyShears said:

No I wouldn't. There's no point, especially as we have no idea who would take over. But I'd like to know how many of those who wanted him in the first place are at all happy with him, and why. And it would be interesting to know how many would still have sacked Mancini now, and why.

You won't get an answer Blue. They are in 'damage limitation' mode and they know it.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
And it would be interesting to know how many would still have sacked Mancini now, and why.

I think people need to separate sacking Mancini and hiring Pellegrini. A change in manager may still have been the right decision, even if it proves that this particular change wasn't the right one.

And it is still early days for that, too, despite last night's calamity.

OB1 said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
OB1 said:
The man we should have had in charge was in the other dug out last night. I was a Pep in man long before becoming a Mancini outer. We are going to pay for the almighty cock-up of the summer of 2012 for some time but what is done is done. Everything is relatively but Pellegrini inherited a number of problems and now has to be given some time to put them right - and hopefully pave the way for Pep's English job.

We have to give Pellegrini time at this point. I cannot muster any dislike for him because he seems a good man, so there will be no rabid calls for his head from me.

However, many (the majority?) thought it at the time and many think it even more now - we made a mistake in May, and I'd say the casting of envious glances towards Mourinho and Guardiola from the fans during Mancini's last year, even after winning the title should teach us all a serious lesson about the greenness of the grass.

We landed neither, undermining the manager in the process and ended up in arguably a considerably worse position.

Hate to use Ferguson as a benchmark but each and every time a player even thought of challenging his authority they were dealt with - decisively - with no concern for who they were. And the club backed him to the hilt. We failed that test miserably.

We are where we are, we have what we have and I'd say there is no point in-fighting over it as we are backed into a corner and have to fight our way out. With the squad that we have and Pellegrini's managerial ability we should still be able to rescue the situation and reverse the current backwards slide. Whether we can progress as we would have had the club handled the Mancini situation correctly, I am not so sure, but we have to ensure this doesn't become a disaster of Moyes like proportion.

Wenger must be pissing himself laughing at events in Manchester lately.

I'm not going to get into a Mancini debate. My position on Mancini is that City were right to dispense with his services but they did it 12 months too late: they did not have the balls to let a title winning manager go; that is understandable.

Pellegrini was not my first choice indeed, had I extended my own list out, after Pep agreed to join the Bavarians, Pelle would probably have featured somewhere between 6th and 10th. As I've said a few times, Wenger, who you mention, would have been my third choice.

I do think we have to give Pellegrini a decent crack at it. I happen to think that he will make a decent fist of it if we show some patience and plenty of support. If I'm wrong or the club decide that they have made the wrong choice of manager, they could do worse than trying to tempt Heynckes out of retirement. However, I don't believe that it will need to come to that.

I do think that we might see some culling of players and January could be and interesting window. I still hold to the belief that Mansour should show his middle digit to Prattini and spend whatever it takes but I'll defend his right to do whatever he chooses with his dosh i.e. spend or save.

My position on Mancini is that City were right to dispense with his services but they did it 12 months too late: they did not have the balls to let a title winning manager go; that is understandable.
============
WTF? Are you seriously suggesting he should have been sacked after winning the FA cup and the Premier League in consecutive seasons? Really?

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
BillyShears said:

-- Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:13 pm --

BillyShears said:

There's always someone decent that a club like City can get to take on the manager's role. Already mentioned that Heynckes could be an option, despite his intention to retire. However, we need to stick with Pellegrini for now.

What gets me is that Pellegrini is rated highly as a coach and paid very well to coach us. But he never did anything to try to get closer to the Bayern midfielders, which even to us mere supporters, was blatantly obvious. He should have changed things after half an hour never mind half time. The two centre halves are getting picked on for poor displays, but they are getting left exposed every week either by the full backs bombing forward and nobody covering them or the lack of desire by Yaya not to do any donkey work. We need someone to sit deeper alongside Fernandinho,. Garcia isn't good enough, Rodwell is more like fernandinho and Barry would have been an improvement but not at the level of Bayerns team. Could Zabaleta play the same role in our side that Lahm does for Bayern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.