Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cleavers said:
The cookie monster said:
cleavers said:
Its not been great for years, so why you needed to post this comment in this thread I've no idea.....

Is it really that bad
Mancini's first year,no other team won more games aways than city
Second year only the rags did
And last year we won nine games... one less than the second best away record..
My reply was a bit of sarcasm to be honest, but I don't think its very good, I did an analysis of it in another thread.

Here if you want to read it.
Cheers
I'm pretty sure the rags wont achieve 40 points + again this season
And we are going to have to get a further 32 -35 min out of a possible 48 remaining to take the title..
Starting with 3 this week.

Our away form is a problem within the context of us wanting to be regular title winners, especially compared to our home form, which has been so consistently good that relatively it makes our away form look worse that it is. However, a few more wins on the road alongside our long-term winning form at Fortress Etihad will see us winning the title regularly.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Not sharpening anything pal.Just been thinking about our away form and no matter how you dress it up,it has been turgid. I am 100% behind the boss and hopes he gets it right this weekend...Next 2 away games in the league will shape our season for sure.

5vyc7r.gif

Skashion said:
Our away form is a problem within the context of us wanting to be regular title winners, especially compared to our home form, which has been so consistently good that relatively it makes our away form look worse that it is. However, a few more wins on the road alongside our long-term winning form at Fortress Etihad will see us winning the title regularly.
In the context of 'Manchester City' historically our away form is actually very good, but we've never really been regular title winning material in the past, and in that context it isn't so good, so it does need to improve (hugely on the start to this season it does), but beating MP up with our away form is wrong, given that he's had only 4 competitive away games so far.

Excellent tactical changes made.
Great to see a reaction after Silva's goal from him and his assistant.
Onwards with Manuel.

DTKOAG said:
Onwards with Manuel.
I have seen him react almost every time the camera has panned on to him after a goal, what are you on about?

@topic - Good on Pellegrini for sticking with his plans even if there are short term hiccups. He wants his defenders to press high and be mobile. Lescott is far too static for that. And this strategy (Playing Garcia) did backfire against Cardiff but he was pretty decent today.

DTKOAG said:
Onwards with Manuel.

Kolarovs celebration was top too, ran straight to the away fans, love to see it.

Tactically he was spot on, made critical changes at the right times. Well Done Manuel.

FredTilson said:
DTKOAG said:
Onwards with Manuel.
I have seen him react almost every time the camera has panned on to him after a goal, what are you on about?

@topic - Good on Pellegrini for sticking with his plans even if there are short term hiccups. He wants his defenders to press high and be mobile. Lescott is far too static for that. And this strategy (Playing Garcia) did backfire against Cardiff but he was pretty decent today.
If you read my post i mention also his assistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.