Discuss Pellegrini....

Status
Not open for further replies.
robbieh said:
If a squad containing Yaya, Kun, Silva, Nasri, Navas, Negredo, Kompany, Zabaleta, Hart, Fernandinho and Jovetic fails to win the league I imagine more than Shaleumstash will be making the comparison.

Can't get my head around comments like this not because it's not true, but because it's you who's saying it. Were you incapable of this kind of binary "best squad = must win league" thinking last season or did you just choose to refrain from saying it ?

BTW the Keegan comparison is an absolute disgrace. Much like the snide "he's just a Chilean David Moyes" ones from earlier in the season. Pellegrini has taken two nothing teams to the upper echelons of European football. Keegan hasn't got close. The comparison is about as relevant as comparing Allardyce or Pulis with Benitez. And the fact that it's a Blue making it is even worse.

I won't quote the post again but Stoned Rose sums it up pretty damn well.

Loads of ifs, buts, maybes, uncles, aunts, bollocks in this thread which is all good debate but bottom line is it wasn't our night.

Saturday is all that matters now, how well we react to the defeat. Anything other than 3 points and it'll be a disaster.

Rammy Blue said:
Shaelumstash said:
I've not seen any posters with any agendas against Pellegrini.

...says the man who started a thread titled "Pellikeegan" straight after the game.

pmsl.

No agenda pal, I've made points praising and criticising Pellegrini.

And for the record, I loved watching us under Keegan, we scored 100 league goals one season if I remember rightly.

BillyShears said:
The comparison is about as relevant as comparing Allardyce or Pulis with Benitez.

Agreed.

Very unfair on Fat Sam and ClubShop to be compared to the FatSpanishWaiter.

BillyShears said:
robbieh said:
If a squad containing Yaya, Kun, Silva, Nasri, Navas, Negredo, Kompany, Zabaleta, Hart, Fernandinho and Jovetic fails to win the league I imagine more than Shaleumstash will be making the comparison.

Can't get my head around comments like this not because it's not true, but because it's you who's saying it. Were you incapable of this kind of binary "best squad = must win league" thinking last season or did you just choose to refrain from saying it ?

BTW the Keegan comparison is an absolute disgrace. Much like the snide "he's just a Chilean David Moyes" ones from earlier in the season. Pellegrini has taken two nothing teams to the upper echelons of European football. Keegan hasn't got close. The comparison is about as relevant as comparing Allardyce or Pulis with Benitez. And the fact that it's a Blue making it is even worse.

I am saying that comparisons will be made if our multi talented and wonderfully entertaining team comes second. That does not mean that I think Keegan is anywhere near as good a manager as Pellegrini.

I don't know who made the Moyes comment but it wasn't me. If we do come second I will console myself by the fact that we have seen some scintillating football with goals flying in from all over the place, the like of which the PL has probably never seen. It will be sad though if we are not Champions come May.

As far as last year is concerned I think we should have done much better. I probably gave Mancini too much leeway but as we had won the league I feel that support was justified if ultimately wrong.

Bodicoteblue said:
silvasleftleg said:
Bodicoteblue said:
What the shit I am talking about is this .
Did you see a problem with the set up on Monday before 60mins were up?

There was no problem with the set up. There was a problem with several players who chose to waste the chances that were created for them. There was also problems at the back. Nastasic and Toure were sleeping and Silva was not tracking back. None of this is Pellegrini's fault.
We had 2 centre backs - one of whom is one of the best footballers , and one of the best leaders we will see ,up against 1 ageing striker while a struggling would be converted centre back was chasing Hazard's shadow around all night ( even his shadow was too goo for him) that was a situation that needed remedying . I think , I may be wrong , we'll never know, that Vinnie might have done a better job.
It was apparent to me and many others that Beast was woefully out of touch/ unfit and should have been hauled off at half time at least. We saw that when he did make a change with Jovetic coming on we were much livelier and more dangerous. With that change andVK stepping forward into midfield I think we could have achieved a lot more .

By the way - I like the idea of players "choosing " to waste chances
I'm not saying any of this is directly Pellegrini's fault , but as Harry S Truman had it "the buck stops here"
You take the credit for good performances - you take the crap for the bad ones. I am sure Pellers would agree with that.

VK in defence and who should take his place in defence ? Demichelis ? hahahaha .

Why did Jovetic not come on earlier you ask ? We don't really know why. Maybe Pellegrini wanted to give Negredo more time to make an impact. Maye Jovetic wasn't fit to play more than 30 minutes. I can't tell you why Jovetic didn't come on earlier.

Rammy Blue said:
BillyShears said:
The comparison is about as relevant as comparing Allardyce or Pulis with Benitez.

Agreed.

Very unfair on Fat Sam and ClubShop to be compared to the FatSpanishWaiter.

Haha. I know you're a secret Benitez lover ... don't deny it! :)<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:58 pm --<br /><br />
robbieh said:
I am saying that comparisons will be made if our multi talented and wonderfully entertaining team comes second. That does not mean that I think Keegan is anywhere near as good a manager as Pellegrini.

Tut tut. You've posted three or four times since the season began "We basically look like Newcastle under Keegan". So no you're not saying the comparisons will be made if we finish second, you've made them repeatedly, beginning a month into the season.

Nice try though.

Not particularly about Pellegrini, but this seems to be the most active football topic at the moment so it'll do. Do we think the players are feeling fatigued now? Against Chelsea there was a lot of sloppiness and lackadaisical performances (second to every ball type of thing) that are not readily attributable to formation and tactics. We've played with such intensity over the first half of this season, are we finally running out of puff?

I think it would be absolutely incredible if we managed to sustain the tempo and the amount of goals scored earlier in the season. I certainly wouldn't think that a decline in goals scored and not running ourselves into the ground for the whole ninety minutes would indicate there's anything wrong. It might be time to start approaching games with an attitude of getting a lead and seeing it out. I just can't see how we can keep it up, especially with our injuries, indeed the injuries might well be a reflection of the fatigue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.