Discuss Pellegrini...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Some real infantile toss on this thread as usual, as the quest for the perfect manager goes on in the minds of the hindsight Harrys.
I would have started with Milner over Navas, but that frankly is about it. For all those squealing about Pellegrini's naïvety, what else should he have done vis a vis team selection? Pick Kolarov, so Sterling could run him ragged? Pick Garcia; for who exactly? Nasri? Silva? Fernandinho? All excellent 2nd half. Or perhaps leave out 18 goal Ya Ya? And a half fit Kun over Dzeko?

I called Liverpool as potential title winners as far back as Christmas. Not after a smarty pants medal, but it does emphasise that we don't have a divine right to win anything and that we aren't miles better than everyone else. For all that though, we are a very good side playing very good football under a very good manager. Laugh of the day has been listening to people claim we'd have been better off with the eye gouger. Really? What's he won this season? Fuck all, that's what, and he's bored the shit out of everyone doing it.

This is Pellegrini's first season in English football, and the title was "lost" (the inverted commas are there to emphasise the fact that we haven't actually lost it yet, although it's a tall order admittedly), in the first few weeks of the season (Stoke, Cardiff, Villa etc), when a new manager was trying to impose a new system on an injury ravaged squad. Next year he will have the centre half, central midfielder and quality centre forward he wanted this year.
The people on here bellyaching tonight are the same prats who were too thick to understand why he kept picking DiMichelis over Lescott. Well, just as they have probably worked that "mystery" out now, so this time next year they'll probably be amazed at what else Pellegrini has "learned". Seriously, take the rest of the night off. We're a top team with a top manager (not a perfect one by any stretch, but pretty damned good for all that), and the only reason we ain't got it in the bag is cos Liverpool have had more good fortune this season than a pig in shit.
JM would of coasted the league with our squad.

dw7 said:
Some real infantile toss on this thread as usual, as the quest for the perfect manager goes on in the minds of the hindsight Harrys.
I would have started with Milner over Navas, but that frankly is about it. For all those squealing about Pellegrini's naïvety, what else should he have done vis a vis team selection? Pick Kolarov, so Sterling could run him ragged? Pick Garcia; for who exactly? Nasri? Silva? Fernandinho? All excellent 2nd half. Or perhaps leave out 18 goal Ya Ya? And a half fit Kun over Dzeko?

I called Liverpool as potential title winners as far back as Christmas. Not after a smarty pants medal, but it does emphasise that we don't have a divine right to win anything and that we aren't miles better than everyone else. For all that though, we are a very good side playing very good football under a very good manager. Laugh of the day has been listening to people claim we'd have been better off with the eye gouger. Really? What's he won this season? Fuck all, that's what, and he's bored the shit out of everyone doing it.

This is Pellegrini's first season in English football, and the title was "lost" (the inverted commas are there to emphasise the fact that we haven't actually lost it yet, although it's a tall order admittedly), in the first few weeks of the season (Stoke, Cardiff, Villa etc), when a new manager was trying to impose a new system on an injury ravaged squad. Next year he will have the centre half, central midfielder and quality centre forward he wanted this year.
The people on here bellyaching tonight are the same prats who were too thick to understand why he kept picking DiMichelis over Lescott. Well, just as they have probably worked that "mystery" out now, so this time next year they'll probably be amazed at what else Pellegrini has "learned". Seriously, take the rest of the night off. We're a top team with a top manager (not a perfect one by any stretch, but pretty damned good for all that), and the only reason we ain't got it in the bag is cos Liverpool have had more good fortune this season than a pig in shit.

Having seen some of the shite you've posted this evening, I won't waste my breath arguing

dw7 said:

Chelsea's squad cost more than our squad. Why isn't Mourinho "coasting the league" ?

dw7 said:

Having seen some of the shite you've posted this evening, I won't waste my breath arguing
It's true though our squad is a lot better ban Chelsea's<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:28 pm --<br /><br />
gungho-tactics said:
dw7 said:

Chelsea's squad cost more than our squad. Why isn't Mourinho "coasting the league" ?
May have cost more doesn't mean it's better

Is Torres better than agureo because he cost more

dw7 said:

Wouldn't want him but that's true. There are probably other managers who would have done better than Pellegrini as well.

dw7 said:
dw7 said:

It's true though our squad is a lot better ban Chelsea's

-- Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:28 pm --

gungho-tactics said:
dw7 said:

May have cost more doesn't mean it's better

Is Torres better than agureo because he cost more

He wouldn't have had to rely on Torres if he hadn't let Lukaku go out on loan........

robbieh said:
dw7 said:

Wouldn't want him but that's true. There are probably other managers who would have done better than Pellegrini as well.
Wouldn't want him either I think he's a knob.

gungho-tactics said:
dw7 said:

At a guess I would list 2 main reasons 1) Their main striker today was Demba Ba and 2) Their main striker today was Demba Ba.

Its technically only 1 reason but it was such a good one I felt it warranted a double play.

O v o x o said:
Did he get the team selection wrong? Yes.
Imo, it was a poor decision to try and field the same team and utilize the same tactics which beat a considerably inferior United team. In fact, the same side failed to beat Arsenal, a game which we now look back and think we should have got 3 points out of.

This, once again, shows Pellegrini up for the level of manager that he is. How could you possibly try and use the same tactics we used versus an awful United side with the lazy, immobile Fellaini and Carrick in the middle of the park, against a Liverpool side who play a high pressing game and won't allow you to play freely, as we did at OT. Of course Pellegrini realized this and fair play to him - changed it at half time and we were by far the better side in the second half.

No matter what the Pellegrini bashers on here are saying, we were on course to win that game, or AT LEAST get a point. We were let down by a poor clearance from one of our most dependent players. How on earth can Pellegrini account for that mistake? The game plan was there, it was working, we were on course to get a result and then comes a comical defensive error. You've also got to look at the keeper for the first goal. If Joe Hart actually bloody steps back a few yards and actually covers his goal like a goalkeeper should, we don't go 1-0 down after 6 minutes.

It was a big game and Pellegrini got the team selection wrong and he'll take the flack for that. But the problems lie much deeper than just a team selection. It's clear to see the defence have let Pellegrini down countless times this season. Give us a consistently good back 5 such as Chelsea's and the league would of been ours long ago. Give Pellegrini this summer to build and work on a back 5 which we should have sorted out last summer. If he gets that opportunity, I very much doubt we'd be questioning Pellegrini too much next season.

Agree with most of that - but today, he just watched the car crash unfold in the first half.
It's much easier to fix a car that hasn't got major accident damage damage. I can cope with the fact he got the starting line up wrong if he did something about it. To wait till half time was bloody awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.