Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rammy Blue said:
Ray78 said:
There are no doubts there will be more pressure on Pellegrini next season to deliver but sacking him after two seasons when his target is 5 trophies in 5 seasons isn't the right message and will put off any new manager imo.

Absolute rubbish, Ray.

Doesn't seem to affect any other top sides when they change their manager regularly.

The top clubs have already had a head start over us and can afford to do that.

The cookie monster said:
Ray78 said:
There are no doubts there will be more pressure on Pellegrini next season to deliver but sacking him after two seasons when his target is 5 trophies in 5 seasons isn't the right message and will put off any new manager imo.
He's only won one trophy of the five the owners want aft two seasons, if he stays that won't improve next season.

I remember when you used to claim the Charity Shield was a trophy! Hahaha. How times have changed.

The cookie monster said:
Ray78 said:
He's only won one trophy of the five the owners want aft two seasons, if he stays that won't improve next season.

One?

Really?

blueinsa said:
The cookie monster said:
Ray78 said:

One?

Really?
Yes, One
Are you unaware of what our owners said?

The cookie monster said:
blueinsa said:
The cookie monster said:

One?

Really?
Yes, One
Are you unaware of what our owners said?

No.

I can remember what Ferran said but he isn't our owner.

We will not seriously challenge for the title next season with Pellegrini still in charge. In fact if we do stick with him and Klopp ends up at Anfield we will be fighting to get 4th,he won't get the better of Mourinho,Van Gaal and Wenger next season regardless though.

dubblue said:
We will not seriously challenge for the title next season with Pellegrini still in charge. In fact if we do stick with him and Klopp ends up at Anfield we will be fighting to get 4th,he won't get the better of Mourinho,Van Gaal and Wenger next season regardless though.

I wonder how he managed it last season then?

blueinsa said:
dubblue said:

Last year was strange. At the start, we were playing well, but the team still hadn't got used to Pellegrini's high defensive line and as such we conceded a lot of stupid goals early on.
Once we bobbed on we blew everyone away. Then a few teams worked out how they could beat us with a high-intensity pressing game.
This year everyone knows how to beat us and Pellegrini has been slow in changing things.

stony said:
blueinsa said:
dubblue said:

Last year was strange. At the start, we were playing well, but the team still hadn't got used to Pellegrini's high defensive line and as such we conceded a lot of stupid goals early on.
Once we bobbed on we blew everyone away. Then a few teams worked out how they could beat us with a high-intensity pressing game.
This year everyone knows how to beat us and Pellegrini has been slow in changing things.

I think this season's been equally strange. We started poorly, then went on a fantastic run, then fell away again. Whether Pellegrini is solely responsible or whether there's some other factors at play is neither here nor there now because ultimately we're going to end the season without a trophy.

I do think though that it's premature to start writing off next season too if the manager stays. We will buy at least some players this summer to refresh the squad, and no matter what you say about Pellegrini the margins have been fine this season in terms of where we have let the title sip away - so there's no reason we can't bounce back again and have a season like last season.

But Pellegrini will have to change certain things about how he goes about setting the team up and managing the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.