Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not worried what people think as they are some posters who make it up.

All I will say is he worked at West Ham for years going back to tevez and lampards time there. Then moved onto arsenal and has close links with our ex arsenal boys and now back at West Ham when not on ENGLAND duty.

I only passed on info I was told during a bit of idle chit chat as he knows I big city fan and ribs me for coming from Ewan St in gorton

This would tie in with the Rafa to City rumours (on a short term basis) that were circulating a few weeks back.
This now seems unlikely with Rafa probably getting the Madrid job.

Thats right cos Rafa would really cheer the players up with his monotous, repetitive training sessions and sparkling personality ...

Personally would have Klopp all day long, great personailty, infectious enthusiasm and has done wonders at Dortmund ... Pep has been lucky enough to work with two of the best clubteams EVER, you could pick the bones out of how much is it pure timing and having the best players at your disposal or managerial skill ... Probably halfway between the two

Not worried what people think as they are some posters who make it up.

All I will say is he worked at West Ham for years going back to tevez and lampards time there. Then moved onto arsenal and has close links with our ex arsenal boys and now back at West Ham when not on ENGLAND duty.

I only passed on info I was told during a bit of idle chit chat as he knows I big city fan and ribs me for coming from Ewan St in gorton

Mate, football people are the absolute worst people in the world for bullshit gossip. They're like an old wife's club most of the time and where most of the shite in the press comes from. You may as well ask a bunch of teenage girls what happened

We won the league playing 442 in the majority of our games in the last two seasons we've won the title. I don't wish to labour the point, but you seem to have an incredibly short memory. I also struggle to remember any moment during Mancini's tenure when 442 was a problem for you. Hell you supported the abortion that was Mancini's version of 352.
Well you are labouring the point somewhat as I believe our victories using 442 were more down to us having a vastly superior squad in comparison to everyone else rather than just the use of MP's preferred formation. Also before I go any further please drop the discussion regarding Mancini as I never mentioned him and don't want to fuel your obesession with him as I know how emotional and unhinged it makes you.

IIRC, when we were behind Liverpool in the final 5-6 games last season, and the title was Liverpool's to lose, MP reverted to using one striker. We won all our games and went on to win the league title.

We lose nearly all our strikers throughout December, MP has to adapt and went on to use just one striker & in a couple of games used none at all. We went unbeaten winning almost all our games.

Come the end of this season and with talk of his job being on the line, Klopp resigning from Dortmund, and media reports that Pep had agreed to take over at City; feeling the pressure MP reverts to using one striker. We win our last 6 games and secure 2nd place........ Do you see a pattern emerging here?

Unlike yourself I have never once called for MP to go as all I want from any manager is for him to do his best for Manchester City and not just for the reason of proving he's better than previous managers unlike some. I support whoever is our manager albeit I find MP's obsession with 442 infuriating just like many other fans. All I've consistently asked from the beginning of MP's tenure is for him to play the best formation to suit the players at his disposal and to be more flexible and react quicker to problems whilst the match is in progress which now seems to be the accepted position of many others.

Now I know you like to pleasure yourself by acting like a cold case forensic scientist searching through the annals of my previous posts, to prove correct whatever your latest bug bear is, so go on fella knock yourself out. Somehow I think you'll be absent for a very very long time trying to find evidence to back up what you believe I've posted.

Well you are labouring the point somewhat as I believe our victories using 442 were more down to us having a vastly superior squad in comparison to everyone else rather than just the use of MP's preferred formation. Also before I go any further please drop the discussion regarding Mancini as I never mentioned him and don't want to fuel your obesession with him as I know how emotional and unhinged it makes you.

IIRC, when we were behind Liverpool in the final 5-6 games last season, and the title was Liverpool's to lose, MP reverted to using one striker. We won all our games and went on to win the league title.

We lose nearly all our strikers throughout December, MP has to adapt and went on to use just one striker & in a couple of games used none at all. We went unbeaten winning almost all our games.

Come the end of this season and with talk of his job being on the line, Klopp resigning from Dortmund, and media reports that Pep had agreed to take over at City; feeling the pressure MP reverts to using one striker. We win our last 6 games and secure 2nd place........ Do you see a pattern emerging here?

Unlike yourself I have never once called for MP to go as all I want from any manager is for him to do his best for Manchester City and not just for the reason of proving he's better than previous managers unlike some. I support whoever is our manager albeit I find MP's obsession with 442 infuriating just like many other fans. All I've consistently asked from the beginning of MP's tenure is for him to play the best formation to suit the players at his disposal and to be more flexible and react quicker to problems whilst the match is in progress which now seems to be the accepted position of many others.

Now I know you like to pleasure yourself by acting like a cold case forensic scientist searching through the annals of my previous posts, to prove correct whatever your latest bug bear is, so go on fella knock yourself out. Somehow I think you'll be absent for a very very long time trying to find evidence to back up what you believe I've posted.

Again for the umpteenth time. Two managers on the bounce won titles playing PRIMARILY 442. If this bothers you or makes you angry I can't help you.

As for searching your posts. Haha. We all know what you are pal.

Again for the umpteenth time. Two managers on the bounce won titles playing PRIMARILY 442. If this bothers you or makes you angry I can't help you.

As for searching your posts. Haha. We all know what you are pal.

Whilst that it is true, there is also no doubt that our best form this last season came when playing 1 up front. Whether it is because teams have sussed out our 4-4-2 or players such as Toure no longer have the stamina to play in a central 2, playing 2 strikers lost its effectiveness.

4-4-2 can still be effective of course but I think we would need to make more changes to our personnel than if we went 4-5-1 or 4-3-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.