Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all agree that MP was forced to change things, but in my honest opinion this had more to do with the perception that his job was under threat. Perhaps Kompany's injury played a part in this too, but I don't think that was the main reason because when Yaya was fit enough, he was straight back in whilst Kompany remained on the bench. Just like the end of last season, when Pellegrini needed results he turned to a 5-man midfield which won a title and cemented 2nd place 12 months later. Again like you I agree that it's baffling why Pellegrini didn't change things before Chelsea were out of site especially considering the run of results we had in December when injuries forced change.

This season has gone now but the question remains; Has MP learned from this season's mistakes? I didn't see the match against Toronto, but now the pressure is off I understand we started with Dzeko & Bony which suggests next season we'll be back to his preferrede 442 albeit with additional personnel. Will Txiki buy players to suit Peller's 442 or with him entering the final 12 months of his contract will he buy with the future in mind for the next manager?

Got to buy for the current incumbent. No point buying for anyone else

txiki.jpg

Pellegrini, Begiristain Ferran Soriano chewing the fat in Toronto

Shouldn't Txiki be negotiating for our summer transfers? Why would he need to be in America?
We have phones, fax and email now you know? Besides, our two biggest targets have a cup final tomorrow and a champions league final next week, I'd hardly say football staff at either club want us bothering them right now.

Another constant issue in this debate, is that some people just do not seem to get that we effectivley played 4-4-2 on a number of occasions where one of the "2" was Merlin.
Even quite recently !

The arrangements of the 4's, 3's,2's and 1's isn't the issue, its the right players playing to start with, and then playing up to their standard. A number of games have gone bad simply because a number of the players have been well under par, regardless of the formations they are employed in.

Shouldn't Txiki be negotiating for our summer transfers? Why would he need to be in America?

maybe he's already done the negotiating he needs to? Or perhaps, it's the Wolfsburg cup final tomorrow and Pogba has a CL final to look forward to, so little can be done in that regard, whilst he also has a relationship with NYCFC and was perhaps required on the trip.

Ultimately though, he wouldn't be on the trip if it wasn't required of him for whatever reason, and the club would not allow for our transfer strategy to be put on hold so Txiki can go on a jolly to Toronto.

p.s. Don't claim a Clarkie, it doesn't wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.